twenty eight.

Vote which cover you like better in the comments - whether it's this one, or the one shown at the side of the page.

Comment 'COVER 1' if you like the one on now, or 'COVER 2' if you like the one on the side :)

(#1 made by irwxnhood | #2 made by thinking-of-luke)

. . .

ANALISE’S POV

I sat there nervously as Nash spoke to the pudgy woman behind the counter.

Same old surrounding – gloomy feeling radiating off basially everything. Even the stupid  ‘Get Better Soon!’ sign that hung up on the back wall; because it’s sure to cure anyone! [sarcasmmm]

Same old indented plastic chairs, a horrid green colour all placed in a row, same boring newspapers and magazines stting on the same old wooden table that was meant to have been thrown out five years ago.

Same setting, different city. Nothing ceases to be the same when it came to going to appointments.

The ongoing buzz in my front pocket wasn’t a good sign. I opened up my messaged and sure enough it was Matthew.

Where are you? – Matt

Are you alright? - Matt

I’m at the house, and they said your brother just  left to find you – Matt

Cameron’s not here either. They said he’s wiith you guys – Matt

My eyes widened at the last message. ‘He’s with you guys.’ My heart pounded as I looked around the room, scanning every face to make sure he wasn’t here.

“Nash.” I called out as he returned back to his seat, finishing off his conversation with the nice receptionist.

“Hmm.” He replied, concentrated on the screen of his phone.

“Where’s Cameron?” I came right out and said it – there was no way around it; I needed to know the answer straight up.

“He’s back at the house…” He replied, but seemed unsure of his own asnwer.

“I think.” He piped up, rubbing the nape of his neck.

“You think?!” I ‘whisper-exclaimed’, paranoia getting the best of me. He couldn’t find out – no one could.

“He tried to follow me but I think I lost him on the trail?” He explained, his ice getting higher as his sentence came to an end, making it sound a lot like a question… and a question was something you were unsure about.

I swear if Cameron found out I would fall to pieces. This didn’t need to affect my friends – I was already affecting my family.

But then again Nash always says that this is is family.

“I don’t think he’s her-” Nash began to comfort, but soon his eyes widened as he looked around the dull room.

“What? What is it?” I asked, moving my head to where his was to see from ‘his view’.

I gasped for the second time today  as a stunned Cam stood there looking up at the writing printed on the door, his mouth wide open just like mine.

“I- I got th-”

“Sit down.” I ordered as I stood up and walked straight out the door - here goes nothing.

CAMERON’S POV

I looked down from the sign, processing it in my head. This could mean a lot of things – it doesn’t necessarily mean one of them has cancer. ‘Don’t skip to conclusions Cam, don’t. Everything is fine.’ I told myself, hoping that it was enough.

I looked up and was shocked to see Nash staring right at me through the glass door, and Ana approaching.

Uh oh.

. . .

“Hey Ana…” I greeted casually to the best of my efforts – time to bring out my inner actor.

“Cameron why are you here? Actually no, how did you get here?” She asked, folding her arms in front of her chest as she stood there looking at me, trying to put on a barve face, but her eyes projected something different – fear, confusion…. Basically everything that the whole waiting room radiated.

“I-I followed Nash. I got worried when Carter came back without you guys and I-”

“You just what? Decide to come and pop up in something that was meant to be private?” She sighed, running hand through her hair, gathering it into a messy ponytail.

“Analise, I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to-”

“It’s fine, alright it’s honestly – we can j-just talk la-”

“Come here.” I said as she walked into my open arms, wrapping her fragile arms around my torso, my thumbs drawing circles on her back. I didn’t know what was happening, but I’m seeing another side of Ana – the one that she’s tried so hard to hide from everyone.

“Everything’s okay.” I whispered into her hair, holding her tight in this picture perfect moment.

“I wish.” She muttered into my chest before letting me go.

“Analise, it’s time.” Nash announced, peeking his head from the door, staring me down.

“We’ll talk later okay?” She said as she composed herself and flashed a small smile.

“We don’t ha-”

“I want to.” She replied, pursing her lips into a firm line.

“Alright. Hey, remember everything’s going to be fine – I’m waiting right here.” I piped up as she nodded in approval before walking into another room, out of sight from the fron of the clinic.

I’m right here.’ I spoke to myself as I sat on the creaky wooden bench by the entry.

 . . .

QUICK SHOUTOUT: This is to @nashty_daBAE - her Hayes fanfic is amazing! Go give it a read guys :D

So I sat there writing this listening to 'Life of the Party' and I'm just like woah "this is all too much" and basically became an emotional mess.

BUT I GOT A DOUBLE UPDATE UP SO AT LEAST I DID SOMETHING :D I hope you guys really liked it - WOW! CAM FOUND OUT [sorta...] Comment what you think will happen next!

Next update will be at 700 reads, 50 votes, 30 comments 

xx m-s-l