5 - Blue Eyes

Regardless of how many times he'd seen those horrible scenarios, there was no way he'd get used to the sight of his comrades dying in altered situations. It was hard to watch their deaths in those nightmares and then see them in the morning without having those scenarios flashing back in his head.

It was a question why he isn't going mad yet.

"You're quite... impossible to figure out, boy." His eyes flew open at the sound of the familiar voice, and Kota was surprised to find out that the flashes had stopped. Instead, he was standing in the middle of absolute darkness once more. His shoulders dropped in relaxation and he turned, only to find the demon before him.

"Hold it right there!" He flinched at the new yet similar voice, just as C came barreling straight towards him. Both figures crashed under END's gaze, the poor redhead letting out a pained yelp as he fell down. "You know," the information broker scowled, "I understand that you want to cheat on Chotte because of her possessive and childish behavior, but with—with that?!"

He'd speak in all honesty: he doesn't know what she's talking about. "I'm not cheating on her," he frowned. What exactly are they in the first place?

"Are you going to pull some vulgar joke here, little one?" Ánoia asked, smirking down on the masked girl.

C deliberately ignored the demon's questions and focused her attention solely on the confused redhead. She pulled back slightly so that he was sitting on his stomach, arms crossed over her chest. "I'm willing to overlook it this time... but only if you make it a threesome."

This time, his lips turned up to a small scowl. "I said I don't want anything like that."

"Why did you come to seek me then?" END asked.

The information broker turned to a ball of fiery rage. "Seek... Kota—" But whatever she intended to say, she didn't manage to finish, for C disappeared into a puff of smoke within the blink of an eye. He was left to stare in both confusion and surprise, before his head snapped up to the demon, the question visible in his eyes.

END didn't give him any kind of an answer. "I can't believe you're this dense. Boy, do you really understand your position?"

"I'm trying to figure out yours," he answered rather casually as he rose, dusting the nonexistent dirt from his clothes.

The demon laughed. "Mine?"

"You lied to C—" He lifted his head to meet the demon's multiple eyes, and Kota held his stand firm as it stared back at him.

The words earned a scoff from the other. "On more occasion than you could ever dream."

"—about Chotte being dead."

END was silent for mere moments, before he came to recognize the smirk now adorning her lips. "I take it back—you're actually an idiot savant. There's no point in telling her that I am keeping the original persona alive... especially if some sort of a miracle happens. If I can break the loop, she could live her life normally."

"Wow. You aren't that evil to begin with."

"Boy, you are tempting me to prove you wrong."

"When did you fall for me?" Kota felt like a bucket of iced water was poured all over him the moment Dementia sputtered in disbelief. He really might just be as stupid as it claims him to be—what person in their sane mind would ask such a question, anyway? Especially in front of a mad demon like this one? "Ch-Chotte was still sealed, with you being in control of the body, and Devil would never do such a thing."