Chapter 18

Before Amora can respond, Anna feels her head tugging painfully. A sharp jab spikes in her temple, and her vision begins to swirl black around the edges as she teeters. It's an unfamiliar feeling, and she begins to get the sensation of an unwelcome presence tugging at her consciousness.

Focusing her thoughts, she squeezes the stone Sigyn handed her and blinks at Amora. The beautiful woman lifts a curious eyebrow, tilting her head delicately to one side as she watches Anna attempt to shake the haze from her thoughts.

A tall dark-haired woman pushes past her, causing Anna to step back to avoid a collision, but her equilibrium is completely thrown off-balance as she struggles to remain standing.

"Sig--"

Her eyelids flutter closed, her entire body crumpling to the floor, and her head slams against the stone beneath her feet. Sigyn lunges for her without hesitation and wraps her arms around her friend before glaring up at Amora.

"What have you done?" She seethes, running a hand over Anna's forehead.

The brunette's skin is cold and clammy, the color long gone from her cheeks. She checks her pulse, relieved to feel the slight rise and fall of Anna's breathing as the steady thrumming of her heartbeat plays a rhythm into Sigyn's fingertips.

"Absolutely nothing," Amora crosses her arms over her scantily clad chest, smirking at the scene. She makes no movement to help Sigyn or the unconscious woman in her arms, but she waves a hand through the air to create a shimmering sort of field that will mask their presence from any onlookers and provide a semblance of privacy.

Sigyn frowns, "Anna. Anna, wake up."

Closing her eyes, she lets her forehead rest against Anna's briefly and mutters a few words under her breath. A stabbing pain shoots through her body like electricity, and she jolts backward with a cry of shock.

"No," she breathes, causing Amora to narrow her piercing gaze.

"No, what?" The Enchantress asks, dropping her arms to hazard a step closer. She gracefully falls to her knees beside Sigyn and lifts a hand toward the sleeping woman. "What is it?"

"Don't," Sigyn slaps her hand away. She's still breathing heavily after what happened - whatever it was - and she squeezes her eyes shut in an effort to concentrate. "She's bound to Loki. When she dreams, she's taken to him."

"Loki?" Amora scoffs. "You mean this is the Midgardian who seems to have captured his attention? I can hardly believe that."

Sigyn scoffs, "She's stronger than you might think."

"Perhaps," the woman replies. "But the Trickster is dead, is he not?"

When Sigyn doesn't respond, Amora's jaw drops open. She pushes herself back to her feet, shaking her head vigorously, and laughs.

"Of course he's not," she mutters. "I shouldn't be surprised. And he's doing this? He's pulling her to him?"

"I wish," Sigyn replies.

Amora hesitates, "Then what? This is hardly common."

"Thanos," she tells her softly, careful to keep her voice low despite the charm Amora used to keep attention away from them. The Mad Titan's name is feared throughout the cosmos, even amongst Asgardians, and rumors of his threat to existence have been spreading like wildfire as of late. "Thanos has Loki."

Short and sweet, is it not? Hehehe

Welcome back lovelies. x