02

i kept my eyes trained on my shoes, i didn't dare to make eye contact with anyone in the halls. that was probably a bad idea.

i bumped into someone and went flying onto my butt, ouch.

"ohmygod," i recognized the voice; it was the blonde boy with pretty blue eyes.

"i'm sososososo sorry," he said and i just nodded. he put out his hand to help me up and i hesitantly grabbed it.

"what's your name?" he asked, but i just stayed silent.

"okay then. i'm luke," he smiled and my heart started beating faster because the blonde boy with pretty blue eyes had a name. and he was talking to me.

"i have to go, but hopefully we can talk later."

i nodded. and luke walked off, so i did too.

● ● ●

"ashton, honey?" my moms voice said from outside my door.

i opened the door for her and she sat on my bed, me following after.

"the new neighbors want to come over for dinner tonight; i just wanted to make sure that's okay with you," she knew i didn't do well around people, and i usually would have said no, but then i remembered i saw the blonde boy with pretty blue eyes there, so i had to say yes.

i nodded an okay. and maybe i was a little too excited about seeing him. but that didn't matter, because he was just so pretty.

● ● ●

"ashton, they're here," she informed me through the door.

i checked the mirror one last time, making me feel disgusted. i just really hated my body.

i slowly went down the stairs, when i got to the bottom, i saw him. i liked to call him 'the blonde boy with pretty blue eyes', even though he told me his name. it fit better.

"dinner is almost ready, make yourselves at home," my mom smiled.

"i can help make dinner if you want," i'm assuming, luke's mom said.

"that would be great."

and so luke's mom left, leaving me and the blonde boy with pretty blue eyes in an awkward silence.

"so," he started and then flushed. he was just so pretty.

"can i see your room?" he asked, and i nodded, leading the way to my room.

we walked in, leaving the door open.

"we like the same bands," he said, eyeing all of my posters.

"can i ask you a question?" i nodded.

"why don't you talk?" i shrugged.

"will you at least tell me your name?" i shrugged again. luke sighed.

● ● ●

at dinner, luke learned my name.

"ashton, will you pass me the peas?" my mom asked. luke smirked, and damń that was hot.

i handed her the peas, while everyone else made small talk.

everyone else being: luke, his mom, my mom, and his brothers. i didn't know if they were his brothers, but they did look a lot alike.

after everyone had finished, my mom had said that dessert would be ready soon, and so luke's brothers went back to watching t.v. and me and luke went back to my room.

"i like your name," i nodded in understanding, "it's hot."

and then the whole world came caving in, because the blonde boy with pretty blue eyes had called my name hot.

-

i like this story.