06

i was only going to this 'get-together' for luke. otherwise, he would probably think i'm no fun.

luke: "do you want me to pick you up around 9?🚙💨"

ashton: "please and thank you🎄💦"

luke: "okay😁"

● ● ●

i decided to not wear my usual sweater and black skinny jeans with glasses. i want to go for a more punk rock look. okay, that's never going to happen.

i put on a greenday shirt with tighter skinny jeans and vans. i also had put in contacts, meaning no glasses.

the ring of the doorbell scared me and i shrieked. i could hear luke outside my door laughing.

as i opened the door, a glare was prominent. luke was almost in tears; he stopped laughing when he saw me.

"y-you look hot," he swallowed a lump in his throat and i blushed.

"ready?" he held out his hand and i took it. it was friendly hand holding, we never intertwined our fingers or anything. i wish we did, though.

● ● ●

as we pulled up to calum's house, we could already hear the music being blasted. they were people everywhere. and i wanted to go home because large crowds scare me.

"hey, ashton?"

"yeah?"

"i won't leave your side." he could tell i was scared.

"t-thank you." relief washed over me, because for some reason i trusted the blonde boy with pretty blue eyes. and that as saying a lot.

"no problem, babe."

i smiled and he did, too.

he's absolutely beautiful.

"let's go inside."

"okay."

we got out out of the car and he took my hand, leading me through the crowd. he sat us down in a corner.

"do you want something to drink?"

"umm, sure."

"okay, i'll be right back."

"okay."

so he left, and i got scared because there were so many people.

"ashton?"

i looked up and saw calum standing there.

"yeah?"

"is luke here?"

oh, that's all he wanted to talk to me about, "yeah."

he sat down, unexpectedly.

"w-what are you doing?"

"am i not allowed to sit here?" he shot back.

"you are," i sighed.

"so, ashton, i never got the chance to tell you this before but i think you're really cool and we should be friends," he smiled and i was shocked because calum hood had asked me, the loser, to be his friend.

"a-are you drunk?"

"what? no. what makes you think that?"

"n-no one wants to be my f-friend sober," i sighed.

"well, i do."

"thanks," i smiled.

"heyooooo, i'm back!" luke yelled.

"you're too loud," calum rolled his eyes.

"sorry i was right next to the speaker and i can't hear anything!" he handed me a drink and i took sip. luckily, it was soda.

me and calum both laughed at how stupid luke was. i, honestly, found it adorable.

"you're so cute."

whoops, i said that out loud.

calum shot his head towards me.

he suddenly screamed, "IS LASHTON A THING?!"

"w-what?" i was confused.

"now who's being too loud," luke shot back.

calum pouted, "hey, shut up."

"w-where's michael, anyway?"

"he drank too much; he's already passed out in my bed. god, he's so cute." and you could tell by the way that calum was talking about michael, that they were so in love.

● ● ●

the rest of the night consisted in me, calum and luke just chatting in the corner, the loud music blasting in the background.

then, apparently, i fell asleep on luke.

when i woke up, i was in luke's bed; we were cuddled up, our hands intertwined. and that made me so happy because the blonde boy with pretty blue eyes had actually held my hand all night.

"luke, are you awake?" we were spooning; i was the little spoon.

"yeah."

"w-wanna know the only reason i-i didn't have a panic attack last night was?"

"why, babe?" his words were muffled into my neck.

"b-because you were there, and you make e-everything better."

and i swear i could hear his heart race increase on my back. and that made me happy because the blonde boy with pretty blue eyes' heart was beating faster for me. only me.

-

this is so long !!!!