10

"h-hello?"

"hey, ashton. i was wondering if you wanted to come to the mall with me?" he questioned. i was happy because everything was going right this year.

except luke hates you. i pushed the thought away.

"will luke be there?"

"no, he told us what happened. he's pretty hurt, ash. he refused to come to the mall, claiming, 'he was too heartbroken'."

"god dammit," i sighed, "yes, i will come to the mall with you."

"okay, see you in thirty minutes. bye!"

"bye."

● ● ●

"which shirt do you like better?" calum asked, holding up two shirts i didn't care for.

"the left," i lied.

"you seem pretty out of it.." calum trailed off, hinting at something.

"i'm tired," i explained.

"why?"

"i stayed up late the last couple nights."

"why?" he knew i rarely did that on my own.

"i've been too busy thinking about luke, okay?"

"oh, please. he poured his heart out to you and you totally fûcking crushed him. don't pull that shit. you probably never even liked him," calum was harsh, he really cared about luke.

i didn't say anything; the anger was burning, tears welling, heart thumping. until i finally just blowed.

"DOES NOBODY UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE FUCKING PROBLEMS, TOO?! DOES NOBODY UNDERSTAND THAT MAYBE ITS A LITTLE SCARY WHEN SOMEONE SAYS THEY LOVE YOU WHEN YOU HAVENT HEARD THAT IN AT LEAST TEN YEARS?!" i broke down on the floor crying, everyone was looking at me.

calum crouched next to me, rubbing my back, "does nobody understand i'm trying not to get attached, because everyone i love leaves me?"

calum finally pulled me together, then we left.

"i'm sorry i blew up like that and i'm sorry i ruined your day," i apologized, messing with my hoodie strings.

"it's fine, ashton. i was being too harsh," he looked sad, "were those things you said true?"

"y-yeah."

"we're going to luke's house and you two are working this out," calum said sternly, pulling onto my road.

"please, please, please no. he hates me," i begged.

"hate? no. hurt? yes."

"fine," i sighed.

● ● ●

we pulled into the driveway.

"i'm gonna go home. good luck, ash," he flashed a smile.

"bye, see you tomorrow."

he drove away. i considered just walking back to my house but i couldn't, luke meant more than my commitment issues.

i walked up, knocking on the door.

"ash?"

-

cliffhanger !!

keep reading, ily<3