Chapter 2: Stolen Kiss

I look in the mirror and sigh, smoothing down the skirt of my dress with my hands. As I look at my bare shoulders I can't help but wish I had longer hair instead of my short blonde frizzy looking hair which I have straightened at the moment. I wear dresses often, mainly due to the fact my mom has business friends over often but I rarely ever wear strapless dresses.

The only reason I'm wearing one now is because my lovely mother is forcing me to because she's trying to play match maker with the Clarke's son. She thinks I'm clueless but when you spend four years of being with someone for twenty four hours a day it becomes easy to read them. She doesn't want me to date but she knows it's about that time considering I'm eighteen so she's trying to take control as always and make my decisions for me.

It's not that I don't like Tobias it's just that I don't have those kind of feelings for him, we have known each other for a year but besides our parents meetings we never hang out. Sadly enough he's still the closest thing I have to a friend.

I hear chatter downstairs and sigh, well I guess I have to wear this monstrosity.

I walk downstairs and smile as I see Tobias awkwardly standing next to his parents who are talking to my mom. He spots me and let's out a sigh of relief.

" I thought you were sick or something and I would have to be stuck with them talking about old people stuff. "

He whispers to me when I walk up. We both snicker and our parents give us the death glare.

" What? I just said that Addie looks nice? "

He says, putting his hands up in surrender.

" Nice to see you again Mr and Mrs Clarke. "

I smile and shake their hands.

" My, don't you look lovely today. "

Mr Clarke comments smiling at me and looking at his son.

" She always looks lovely Carl! "

Mrs.Clarke says as I stand there awkwardly muttering a " thank you " I hate when people give me compliments, I know they mean to be nice but I just don't know how to respond.

We all sit down at the table where the food is already placed in the middle and we all begin to hatter mindlessly, usually we start off eating and talking and then afterwards me and Tobias go to the living room to hang out while our parents talk.

" So your mom tells me you're thinking of going to college? "

I ask Tobias, half curious and half of me just asking to try to drop hints to my mom.

" Yeah well I'm not sure which college I should go to though, it's a big decision you know? What about you though, planning on finally leaving that bubble of yours and venturing out? "

He ask teasingly as I can feel my mom eyeing me.

" Well actually- "

" Addie doesn't need to worry about those sorts of things, that's what online courses are for. "

My mother says cutting me off and giving me a glare. I clench my fist but continue eating my food in silence. When dinner is over as usual me and Tobias clean up the table and go to wash the dishes while our parents talk in the dinning room.

" Your mom seemed pretty mad about me asking about college. "

He says handing me a plate to dry while he moves onto washing the next.

" She just doesn't want me to grow up but it's normal for parents I guess. "

" Normal? Yes, but she seems to be to set on you just staying in your room forever. "

I ignore him as I continue to dry the dishes and put them away.

" Sorry..I didn't mean to pry, I just think if you don't get out now it's going to be harder when you get older. "

He points out. I nod, deep in thought as I mindlessly continue cleaning when all of a sudden I feel something cold and slimy on my head . I look to see Tobias with a boyish grin plastered on his face holding up a bottle of dish soap. My mouth falls open as I glare at him.

" What was that for! "

I yell laughing.

" You were ignoring me, that's what you get! "

He says, sticking out his tongue. I go over to the sink and grab the wash cloth that's still soaked with water and hit him in the back of the head with it.

" Oh, this means war. "

He smirks, coming towards me as I laugh trying to run away. Before I can get away from the sink he pulls me by my waist over to it.

" I think I need to wash the soap out of your hair, it will be all oily if I don't. "

He grins and before I can retaliate he grabs the sprayer from the sink and starts drenching me with water as I squeal out laughing and turning my face to try to keep the water out of my face. Finally he puts it down.

" Now have you learned your lesson Addie? "

He coos and I smile.

" Oh no I know that look. "

Just as he says that I spray him in the face and he lets go of me, trying to run away but slipping on the wood floor and falling on his back. I put down the sprayer and go to help him.

" Oh my gosh are you okay? I didn't mean to- "

Just as I reach my hand out to help him he pulls me down and I end up falling on top of him.

" That was unnecessary. "

I huff.

" Yet, hysterical. "

He snickers as I glare at him. Suddenly I realize the awkward position were in, I'm laying on top of him while his hands are resting on my back. My face heats up red and he seems to notice why as his whole mood changes within a instant.

I look at him but he's already looking at me.

" T-tobias? "

I stutter, he's never looked so serious before. Before I can comprehend what's happening his lips are attacking mine, it last for only a minute before he notices my frozen state and pulls away. He looks at me as his face turns a slight shade of pink.

" Uh "

He says awkwardly averting his gaze. Before he can say anything else I stand up and practically run to my room.