Chapter 10: Adulting

It's finally Monday, the day I've been waiting for since I got here and even though I honestly have enjoyed all of the guys company, I even didn't mind their flirtatious comments, I am happy to be able to get a room with a female. I also won't have to worry about guys walking in on me all the time and that I am defiantly looking forward to.

I walk downstairs with my bag and I'm suddenly tackled by Ron, who I've quickly grown a liking to. Even though he's a year older than me I look at him as sort of a younger brother.

" I'm going to miss you so much! "

He cries.

" She's not dying man, plus you will see her sooner or later in my room so. "

Aron winks at me. I figured out that their actually brothers and despite them being at each other's throats all the time and claiming to want to drown each other they always are together.

" I told you if I see you try to get her into your chamber of secrets I will light you on fire! "

He hisses and Aron just rolls his eyes.

" Don't worry guys I will still visit and the dorms are just a cross from here so. "

" What I'm hearing is, I'm invited to your room? "

Aron says smirking and Ron bashes him in the head with a book.

" GET YOUR DICK OUT YOUR LUBE! "

" What does that even mean? "

" It means stop being a twat! "

I stand there awkwardly as they engage in yet another battle to the deaths but finally Tabias walks up.

" You ready? "

He ask.

" You don't have to walk me, it's not even that far. "

I tell him.

" It's okay, it's better than listening to those two argue. "

I laugh as we walk out without them even noticing.

" They remind me of me and my brother, he was kind of a combination of those two. "

" That's terrifying. "

" Don't lie you love them, you wouldn't tolerate them if you didn't. "

I tell him and he nods.

" Thats true. "

We walk up to the office and luckily this time a different lady is there.

" Hi! How may I help you today? "

She ask me happily, I already like her better.

" Hi, my name is Addison Grace. I'm here for my dorm keys I registered online. "

I tell her.

" Alright sweety, just a minute. "

She goes through the folders on her desk and furrows her eyebrows.

" Is there a problem? "

I ask.

" It says here your scholarship pays for everything, class wise but not for a dorm room. "

" I came here Friday and the lady said my room wasn't ready until today? "

" That goes for all the dorms, they weren't available until today. I'm sorry for the confusion. "

" Well how much would one cost? "

I ask worriedly.

" A dorm with a room mate will cost 8,500 and a dorm without a room mate will cost 10,500. "

My mouth drops as I hear those numbers, do people actually have the money for this? What kind of person has this money just laying around? I walk out the building with Tabias following behind me.

" Addie slow down. "

He says stopping me.

" It's just a room, you can just stay with me until you figure something out. "

" It's not just that Tabias I've only been here a few days and my so called plan is already falling a part! If it's falling a part this quickly how am I going to be able to handle a few years here? "

" Addie, calm down. This is all new to you, you will learn, like you said it's only been a few days. "

I sigh frustrated, I knew this was going to be hard and I know this is something small to stress over but I just can't help it. I want everything to be perfect.

" How about this week just worry about classes and next week I will help you look at apartments? "

He offers.

" No offense but what do you know about apartment renting? "

" I actually was planning on buying an apartment instead of being on campus but Aron talked me into staying here. I looked into a lot of them so I know the good and bad places, plus I know this area so I know if it's a safe place or not. "

" I guess that would be a good idea. "

As we walk back to the frat house I can't help but feel disappointed, so far I get a F in adulting.