CH 8

The morning light streams its way into Amara's chambers as she stretches to feel the warmth on the sheets. Rhaegar must have just left moments before but of course, that wasn't surprising. It had been a month since their first coupling and they were still careful as ever, they couldn't afford to get caught now. Amara sits up stretching and running her hand over the spot where they had made love. Being in his arms made her feel as though she were the only girl in the world. The sweet nothings he whispered in his ear would send shivers down her spine, she didn't know it was possible to feel that good.

"Good morning Amara! Today is the day!" Ashara announces as she confidently strides into the room. Amara runs a hand through her messy golden hair and chuckles, today was indeed the day.

Her wedding day.

The day her father had hoped and prayed for had finally arrived, his daughter was about to marry the heir to the Iron Throne.

"Indeed it is." Amara slides out of bed with a smile on her face, after today she would no longer have to hide her lovemaking with the prince.

"I'll have Catelyn run you a bath then we'll dress you." The nerves and happiness bubble together making her sick though it wasn't anything new. The past few weeks leading up to the wedding her stomach had felt queasy. But Amara attributed it to stress and a lack of proper food, wedding planning was taking its toll, fortunately, all her hard work was about to pay off. Her ladies were a great help, though her sister was obstinate her other ladies were a great blessing to her. Ashara and Elia had taken some time and convincing but they were happy to join her and the three had become fast friends. Lady Catelyn Tully had been a suggestion of Rhaegar's, recruiting a lady that wasn't from the Westerlands would do well to build ties.

Catelyn enters the room smiling and informs Amara that her bath was ready. The young girl was a good addition to her ladies, though she was a few years younger Amara saw herself in the younger girl.

"You're so lucky Amara. Being a princess is a dream of every girl." Catelyn told her dreamily as Amara soaks in the lavender-scented water.

"It's more than just a dream Cat." She rested her arms on the tub as she gazed at the young girl. "There is more than just love involved, politics can be very dangerous. You must be careful who you just." She offers her a reassuring smile. Amara scoops up some of the bubbles from the bath and blows them in the young girl's direction laughing as she did so. The two girls laugh and joke until Amara decides best to get out.

"Your wedding dress, Your Grace." Elia jokes as she bows deeply pulling out Amara's wedding dress from her trunk.

"Why thank you, princess." Amara returns the mocking bow with one of her own. The four girls laugh as they help Amara slip into the beautiful silk fabric, the dress itself was a golden dress that rested off her shoulders with long tight sleeves and decorated with small pearls, rubies, and diamonds. The dress had been commissioned by her father and had cost a small fortune but was sure to make her the most glittering bride in all of Westeros.

"Amara... you look absolutely beautiful." Elia gasps clasping the hand of her friend. Both girls were glad their friendship had grown in the past few months. Amara's eyes are glued to the mirror in front of her, her dress hugging her in all the right places. She felt like a queen already and soon she would have almost everything she wanted.

"Yes yes beautiful, now all of you out I need to speak with my sister." Amara turned away from the mirror to find her sister glaring at her, her arms crossed Cersei no doubt wanted to trade insults but Amara wouldn't give her the satisfaction, not today. She looks at the others and with a nod of her head dismisses them.