CH 9

Mid 277 A.C.

"You're sure?"

"Absolutely sure princess, you are with child, congratulations."

Targaryens had a history of miscarriages, stillborns, and early labors; however, there was always a chance the heir could be perfectly healthy. But there was the lingering fear within her that she nor her baby would survive... Amara laid a hand protectively over her stomach, she had known the results of their escapades would come sooner or later.

She would have to tell her husband sooner or later and it wouldn't be long before news of the child found its way back to Kings Landing. The thought concerns her as she stands on the balcony looking out onto the Blackwater.

"Something on your mind?" She turns to find Ser Arthur Dayne standing in the doorway smiling at her.

She chuckles and returns his smile. "Actually yes." She rests a hand on her stomach. Arthur's eyes drop down and widen as he pieces together what she means.

"How long have you known?" He asks, a large smiling creeping its way onto his face.

"Not long... trying to figure out how to tell my husband." Amara bites her lip as a small smile makes its way onto her face. Her worries began to melt away, her fear could not hold back the joy she felt to know she was going to be a mother.

"Tell him soon, he'll be overjoyed I'm so happy for the both of you." Arthur pulls his friend's wife into a tight hug. Amara pulls smiling and nodding knowing her husband's oldest friend was right, she did need to tell him soon.

"Am I correct in assuming that I can find my husband in the library?"

"Always." Amara nods and exits her chambers in search of her husband. Their life on Dragonstone was simple, the way they had both wanted it. Rhaegar spent most of his time in the library reading or looking through old prophecies or training with Ser Barristan or Ser Arthur. She on the other hand spent most of her time with her ladies sewing, talking, laughing, and gossiping. Occasionally letters would come from either Kings Landing or Casterly Rock from her family, her father's letter always came with the subtle but stern advice to get pregnant as soon as possible.

The sooner she got pregnant the sooner there would be a half-Lannister heir to follow after her husband. She may have married the prince but now she needed to keep him, he loves her and she loves him, she prays that's enough.

She makes her way towards the library keeping her thoughts and prayers positive. Her husband would love this child as much as he loves her.

"You would think your mother swallowed some books and a candle whilst you were in her womb." She jokes drawing her husband's attention away from his books. He chuckles, it was something he had heard most of his childhood.

"And to what do I owe this pleasure, dear wife?" He stands from the table and makes his way over to kiss her cheek. Amara gazes into her husband's eyes smiling, this was the moment she had prayed for.

"What? What is it?" His eyes fill with concern as he searches her for any hint of something wrong.

"...I'm pregnant." And for a brief moment, her husband's face goes blank before picking her up and swinging her around. He cups her face with her hands his lips crash into her with excitement, he couldn't believe everything was coming true. He had followed the golden path and soon he would be blessed with a son.

"You have no idea how happy this makes me. I love you so much."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~