CH 11

"You may now cloak the bride and bring her under your protection." Lysander wraps the cloak made of crimson and cloth of gold around Elia's shoulders. The Dornish princess smiled as her new husband gazes in her eyes, she was more than glad not to be a princess of the Seven Kingdoms.

"I now declare Lysander of House Lannister and Elia of House Martell to be of one heart and soul. Cursed be he who seeks to tear them asunder." Amara watched as her twin smile and pledge his love with a kiss. The guests erupt into cheers as the newlywed couple turns to face them. Her eyes meet that of her brother and she nods in approval, Elia was a good and trusted friend. All she had ever wanted for her brother was a woman who loved him for who he was and a woman capable of running the household.

Now Lysander had met his match, she only hoped circumstances wouldn't ruin the happy union, no doubt many would try. She loved Rhaegar dearly but she wasn't blind to the plots that surrounded them. With each new attempt, Rhaegar got better at hiding the news from her, but unfortunately, not from sly servants who passed the news along.

They enter the banquet hall but to Amara, it seemed as though they had entered another world. Crimson and gold tapestries, gold decorations, and a feast that could rival anything she could recall from the court. Her father may not have approved of his son's bride, but for a future lord, he spared no expense. Music filled the room as the musicians played The Bear and the Maiden Fair at the request of some drunken man.

Amara couldn't help but smile, she didn't think it was possible to have missed her home so much. But with so many memories haven taken place here, it wasn't so far-fetched. Amara smiled as she watched her brother lovingly gaze into the eyes of his new wife. The happy couple was the center of attention as they danced. Amara could still recall the day all those years ago when her brother had confessed a crush on the princess.

"Your father sure knows how to throw a party." Her husband muttered in her ear.

"Only the best for the heir to Casterly Rock. Besides I believe the Martells might riot if their princess isn't given a proper wedding celebration." Amara chuckled. They would certainly take offense if their princess wasn't treated properly. No doubt they were still upset she had been downgraded from the future Crown Princess to a Lady of Casterly Rock. Amara knew for sure Elia's younger brother Oberyn was still upset at the slight. Though Amara had gone to great lengths to build trust he was still distrustful.

"Lysander is a good man, he's fortunate to have married so well." Amara smiled and interlaced her fingers with his.

"I have also been fortunate to have married so well." A feeling of comfort grew as she felt her husband's grip tighten. They trusted each other, she had no reason to doubt his love for her and their son. Especially when they would be expecting another one so soon after the birth of their first. She had discovered this just before they set sail for the wedding, she had hoped to tell him sooner but the distance he was putting between them made things difficult.

"Do you believe they'd notice if we slipped away?" She heard Rhaegar whisper.

"The guests of honor at a wedding? Surely someone will take note of our absence."

"Shall we?" Rhaegar stood and offered her his hand. The small pang of guilt she felt for leaving her brother's wedding banquet was quickly dismissed. The pair easily blended into the large crowd of people that had shown up for her brother's wedding and snuck from the hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What is on your mind, my love?" Rhaegar's voice floats in her ears. Amara set down her wine goblet and shut her eyes releasing a deep sigh. Watching the waves crash against the shoreline had always given her a calming feeling.