CH 17

Late 282 A.C

"AAAAHHHHH!!"

"Please Amara I need you to push!"

"GAAAHHH!!"

"WAAAHHHH!"

"Amara you have a son."

As the war for the Seven Kingdoms raged on Amara discovered, much to her horror that she was once again with child. She'd conceived enough children to know the signs of pregnancy. It disgusted and chilled to the bone to know she was carrying the child of the man who had raped her. She hardly ate or slept prompting Ashara to offer her the moon tea she had once before. Amara had taken the cup but as she had brought it to her lips something in her couldn't do it.

Perhaps the Seven had put this child in her for a reason, besides if they lost the war it was doubtful the child would live past infancy. Especially, if Cersei was to have her way, Robert would have the Iron Throne and Cersei would have her head.

But as she gazed into the eyes of her newborn son something in her stirred. Soft black hair and deep blue pools much like his father were hard to ignore. Everything about the little boy would tell anyone who asked exactly who his father was. As her pregnancy had progressed she had hidden away in her chambers with her children feigning illness. For a time, as her stomach swelled, it worked the king wanted her and the children kept as far away as possible.

But it would be difficult to hide away now that she had given birth. Certainly many would grow to question the cries of a baby coming from her chambers. As sweet and innocent as the baby was it was difficult to ignore the pain and betrayal his father had caused. The facts were all too plain to ignore,

They were losing the war.....

Battle after battle with heavy losses for the crown forces as Robert smashed their armies. Amara hated to admit it but the battle was something Robert was gifted at. It had been months and still, the crown could gain no advantage over the rebels. King Aerys and his Small Council had sent raven after raven to her father, they were meet with only the wind. It certainly wasn't a good sign for the father of the crown princess to remain silent.

"What are we going to do Amara? We can't stay locked away forever, someone is bound to discover the baby." Ashara gazed down at the little boy sadly, she brushed his cheek with her finger earning a small coo.

Amara glanced down at her son smiling sadly, it was something she'd dreading for months.

"We send them away." Ashara's head shot up to meet her friend's eye. The children were the heirs to the throne and had to be protected in the case the war turned towards Kings Landing.

"You can't possibly mean-"

"I mean it." Her voice was cold and firm, no matter how much it would pain her to do so she needed to make sure her children lived.

"Do as she says Ashara. My wife knows what is best for our family." Both heads shot in towards the doorway. Rhaegar Targaryen who looked as though the war had aged him a few years stood looking in on his wife. Amara's blood turned to ice, she'd never wanted her husband to see her in such a state. She placed her son in Ashara's arms, if she was to face her husband she was going to do it on her own two feet.

"Amara what are y-"

"Ashara take my son to the nursery, lock the door, I wish to have a moment alone with my husband." Ashara opened her mouth to protest, but Amara silenced her with a look that left little room to argue. She bows quickly exiting the room leaving husband and wife alone in the room for the first time in months.