Chapter 4- Ladybloggers

Previously

"I've been thinking," Alya starts, thankfully breaking the silence, "It would be really cool to finally figure out Ladybug's identity. Maybe with you I may be able to crack the code."

...

OMG.

"ALYA, YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!" I shout and grab her shoulders, "I BET WE COULD GET MARI AND NINO TO HELP TOO!"

Alya

I'm bouncing in anticipation on the bench outside of school, waiting for Marinette to arrive. I have Team Ladybloggers all figured out: Adrien, since he is Chat Noir, can pretend to fish up information that he secretly already knows, Marinette can be the planner of our revealing schemes, and Nino... um... I'll find something for him to do.

"Hey!" a voice exclaims at me.

"Marinette!" I flip my head towards the voice to find Adrien. "Oh. It's just you."

"Meow-ch! Watch out, Alya's in a paw-ful cat-itude!" he says, smirking darkly. You have got to be kidding me. I roll my eyes as he sat right next to me. I scoffed slightly.

"Oh- is that how it is? Just for your in-fur-mation, my pun are claw-some!" he acts offended after my second eye roll. A rush of energy surges through me. It is on. Come on, Alya, think of something good to say.

"Mew have cat to be kitten me right now." I said smugly in his face. His eyes narrowed.

"You'll never pounce to my level!" he said, pulling his hands out of his pockets to demonstrate what is supposedly me with two fingers. They "jumped" but dramatically fell to their death with a high pitched scream added by Adrien.

Rolling my eyes for the billionth time this morning, I reply, "Paw-lease, Adrien, you're hiss-terical, but not even close to my level!"

Adrien flashed his modeling smile and stood up to stick a pose, "Aw, but didn't you know, Alya, that I am the won-fur-ful and sup-purr-ior king of cat puns?"

"Meta-fur-icly, mew..." I start, but Marinette's voice interrupts.

"Oh God! Not you two too!" she cursed.

"What?" Adrien says.

"Nevermind." Marinette mutters, rubbing her neck. An awkward silence hung over us. Then I remember what I was planning beforehand: Team Ladybloggers!

"Marinette!" I shout. She jumps and glares at me. She must of been dazing off into Adrien again.

"I came up with the MOST BRILLIANT IDEA EVER!!! I call it 'Team Ladybloggers'! We could all work together to secretly discover Ladybug's identity!" I yell. A flash of what I think is excitement crosses her face.

"YOU'RE WHAT?!" she screeches. I repeat what I just said, attempting to talk slower, "Us four should team up to discover Ladybug's identity," then I lean in closer, "Adrien's in."

Marinette slowly released her head from the stricken pose she was in to nod.

"GIRL, THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN! We can meet later today after school! Adrien, can you invite Nino? THANKS!" I squeal and grab Marinette's sweaty palm. Her feet drag as I pull her to our first class.