Chapter 14- Nightfall

Previously

My own voice from my dream ends and I know what I just answered to Plagg wasn't true. I know right now who I love.

I love Ladybug.

But now, I think I love Marinette, too.

How did I fall for her so quickly?

Plagg flicks his tail at my nose. He's enjoying this. "You do," he says, and I don't argue, "And you are going to see her today like you told Ladybug."

Adrien

Marinette was there across the street in her room. How did I know?- cause I am across the street from her bakery watching her stress about something. My cat ears twitch anxiously.

"What are you doing? Stop stalking her!" Plagg mutters.

I gasped when I realized something. "She's wearing something else!" I whisper in awe. She looks so cute!

Darn it! I can't call her cute! I have to stay loyal... to Ladybug, My Lady. I can't love two people.

I shake my head. Suddenly, the tile I'm standing on falls from underneath me.

"Gah!" I yell, tripping over the roof tile. I trip and fall on my tail. I start to slide down the roof and I ready my baton.

"Plagg! Darn you and my bad luck!" I flip off the edge of the building rather disgracefully with my trustworthy, and with a few twists of my wrists, my feet conveniently land on Mari's balcony.

I skid and disgracefully trip over a lawn chair. I hear giggles growing from the trapdoor. I grit my teeth. Just purrfect.

"Princess!" I say, getting to my feet. I stumble on my way over to her head peeking out of the trapdoor. She stands up completely on her bed and rests her arms on the bottom of her balcony. I take a bow, trying to regain some confidence.

"Good afternoon, purrincess," I say. Marinette howls with a sudden fit of laughter.

Without hesitation, she moves away and let's me in. I look at her confused and slowly do so. I fly off of her bed and land criss crossed on the ground. Quickly, I stand up again, gaining temporary ADHD.

So, I hum. I walk around her room while Mari just stares at me.

"Come on, kid. Say something. Do we have to go over this again?" Plagg moans inside my brain. I shake my head and grin.

"So, Marinette, how's..." I start, but I lean back and feel a computer key.

"Gah! Sorry!" I turn around before I see Mari's panicked face. I get shoved into the wall before I can even see the screen. Plagg roars with laughter inside my head. I groan and rub my forehead.

My eyes slowly focus back on Mari who is white-faced and playing with computer keys. Finally, she comes over to me once her computer screen is black.

"Oh my gosh Kit- CHAT! I'm so sorry!" she exclaims, plucking me up. I still feel slightly dazed and answer, "It's fine."

Princess didn't even give me a chance to think over what just happened. She asks, "So, what is Chat Noir doing in my bedroom?"

I grin. "He's trying to hang out with his lovely purr-incess," I say. Marinette looks away (probably blushing) and hums.

"Did you really just refer to yourself in the third person?" She giggles and my heart beat quickens. There's some sort of tension making me cautious about every word I say, and it's slowly disappearing. Probably because my ego is being forgotten.