Chapter 5- Anomalies

Previously

'You may use this. Sincerely, Sabrina'

I continued to study it. This wasn't Sabrina's handwriting at all. I think I'd recognize the handwriting that's been in mean letters written to me.

I gasp. There's no way- could Chloe have done this for me?

I open up the bag to find tons of concealer and such. And the makeup worked, after a little bit of testing it out, I look nearly perfect!

 Adrien

That akuma was rough on me. I have scratches and cuts covering my aching body, and the fact that I had to carry Alya back to class did not help my back.

Plagg is being a pain in the but, insisting that since Alya knew about him, he should be able to hover next to me. He keeps bouncing in my jacket pocket while I'm covering it awkwardly. 

"Plagg, stop." I whisper murderously. He stops and I sigh in relief. Then he hits down into my shoulder bag when my guard was let down.

"Fine, if that's the way you want to be."

I was waiting for Alya to come out of the upstairs bathroom so that she could ask me questions about the stuff I learned. 

"Boo." Alya snuck up on me, but I managed to hide the small jump I had when hearing her voice. She leaned up against the wall and is now grinning wickedly. At least, the smile looks pretty evil to me.

"Soooo..." she drowned, anxiously waiting for something. Her yes peer darkly at me and I laugh mentally.

"Sooooo..." I pretend to act like I don't know what she's talking about. Alya kicks my leg in response and I yelp.

"OUCH!!!" Alya rolls her yes, so I continue, "Kay, fine. The akuma read her mind and said something about a bakery, her not being thousands of years old, and she will have a scar."

My stomach churned; this didn't feel quite right. I was so excited beforehand that I created that list in my head to help Alya piece together stuff. Now, I felt like I was betraying her somehow. I just really want to know who the love of my life is.

Alya pulled out a journal and starts to write it. After a while, I realize that we still have a class to go to.

"Hey Alya, why don't we get to class?" I ask her, "Maybe we should consult with the rest of the group about the conclusions."

"Yeah, sure, I guess." she mutters and leads me down the halls. We find Nino waiting impatiently in his desk.

"Dudes! What took you so long?" he says no us when we sat down. I sit next to Alya again, assuming that we are working on the project again.

"We were trying to find Mari." The lie rolls off my tongue with ease.

Nino looks at me and tilts his head, confused. Alya comes to the rescue: "Okay, so here's the information that we have received..."

Marinette walks in and smiles at us. Alya continues, ": a. Ladybug isn't 50,000 years old; b. She currently wears a scar across her face; and c. She is relatable to a bak-"

"How do you know that?" Marinette says, gripping the desk.

"The akuma could read minds, and he read Ladybug's out loud. Nino and I know because we were there." Alya lies. She can't look at Marinette directly in the eyes and Marinette seems dubious.

"But you weren't there..." she mutters to herself. I don't think she meant for me to hear that.

How could she know that?