Chapter 6- Not My Fault

Previously

"Hey, author, how are you doing? Was that exciting enough for you?" I say. Tikki rolls her eyes. So does the author.

-Plagg!-

"Well, I better get going- love you, Cheesecake," I said. Thankfully, Adrien and his friends were all walking together in the park. I zip out and dive into Adrien's side bag. 

-----------------------------------------

Marinette

I fall into my bed, embracing the sheets like a cat to catnip. After an hour of Alya bouncing Ladybug theories off of me after school and doing homework together, I finally got her to leave. She was making me nervous.

And I didn't learn anything as to why she knew about the attack from the beginning to the end.

For all I know, she wasn't even there!

"Marinette! It's nearly time for patrol! Just a fair warning!" Tikki zips out of her hiding spot in my desk. She's been grinning like crazy ever since school was out. Tikki's usually bubbly all the time, but this is an extreme for her. 

She's zipping around the area, mumbling to herself and then quickly asking me weird questions.

"AreyouexcitedtoseeChat?"

"Whatareyoukidsdoingtonight?"

"Areyousureyouaredonewitheverything? Wouldn'twantyoutohavetoleaveearly..."

Tikki swerves right in front of my face and finishes her mumbling: "Well...."

"Uh, right. I... um... Tikki- SPOTS ON!" I eventually decided not to answer. Tikki pouts as she is sucked into my earrings. The sensation of duty washes over me. I climb into the balcony and jump off. Wind whips at my face as I head towards the Arc de Triomphe: our Tuesday meeting spot.

Chat's already there, pacing. I purposely make aloud noise when I jump underneath the monument. He turns towards me.

"My Lady! You feline-ly decided to come!" Chat shouts.

"That's got to be the worst pun yet- and I've heard some terrible puns from you. Besides, keep your voice down! It's 9:30!" I tell him. Tikki is laughing inside my head. What has gotten into her?

"Sorry for being late. I had someone at home and couldn't get them to leave. Shall we get going?" I continue and ready my yo-yo. Chat Noir follows me.

"Plagg! Shut it! What is it with you today?" Chat mutters to his swami in his head. I whirl around.

"Wait- has your kwami been acting weird, too?" I inquire. Chat turns his direction away from his kwami, Plagg, to me. He answers: "Yeah, Plagg's been acting real obnoxious ever since sch-... this afternoon."

"Maybe its not a coincidence... do you think they met?" I wonder to myself. Tikki makes an unintelligible noise followed by a low "noooooooo..."

Chat is rolling his eyes to, but not looking at me. I start running off, remembering the patrol we still had to do. Chat stays right beside me.

"Something's up- Plagg's never seemed so smirky." Chat says to me. Tikki's making an effort to revoke her words. Then she brings up something I forgot about: "Marinette, this is not important! Tell Chat about the Ladybloggers!"

"Oh, that's right! Tikki, we'll be going over this later. Chat, I have to warn you about something. Alya, the girl who created the Ladyblog, is creating a team to reveal our identities. Well, I know they're going after mine... I don't know about yours. Just, watch out." I warn. I nearly run into a wall mid sentence. I make a high pitched sound.