Chapter 8- Only the Beginning

Previously

"Plagg, claws out!" I say. The mask covers me and I smile, despite the situation. All I have to do now is meet Mari and comfort her as someone she's only met once or twice. This'll be interesting.

I leap out of the passageway and leap to the top of a building. I bounce across the street and land on Marinette's balcony.

I can't believe I'm about to do this. I knock.

Adrien

I hear scurrying down below. Suddenly, the trap door I am leaning over flies open, knocking me to the side. Marinette pops out, armed with a metal stick. She quickly lowers it, realizing its Paris' superhero.

"Chat... Noir?" she questions, burrowing her eyebrows. Her face is red and puffy. She must of been crying.

"Hey Princess?" I say. Princess? Where did that come from? I wave a bit from the ground, hoping that my blush isn't visible.

"Oh my gosh, Chat, why are you here?" Thankfully she doesn't even notice my accidental nickname. To be honest, though, Princess fits her. I smile.

"Chat?" she asks again.

"Oh, um... I saw you running into your house and wondered if you were okay. Can I help?" I nervously mutter. She purses her lips and looks into my eyes as if trying to figure me out.

"Chat, I'll be fine. Thanks for coming over, though. I appreciate the thought." she says and is about to close the trapdoor. I keep it open.

"If there's one thing I know, is that when a lady says fine, she isn't fine." I explain. Before she can say anything, I hop into her room. Marinette's face pales before checking her desk worriedly.

"What is it?"

"Nothing!" she explains, but then comes to her senses, "Chat! What are you doing? Get out of my room!"

I fold my arms: "Not until you tell me what's wrong." She lowers her eyes. I notice her face is less red. I sit down in her desk's chair. She rolls her eyes at me and gives her mannequin back a metal rod. She sits down on her chaise lounge and lowers her eyes. It kind of looks like the look Plagg gave me a few seconds ago. Plagg yells, 'SAY SOMETHING!'

"I mean, you don't have to tell me anything, but..." I manage to gain me cool back, "I'm there for you, Princess."

Marinette remains skeptical. I change position and rest my arm on her desk, my arm accidentally landing on Marinette's sketch pad.

"Oooh, what's this?" I intentionally squeal.

"Give that back!" Marinette yells, "You should be so glad my parents aren't directly downstairs!"

"Ah ah ah!" I tease and stand up with the pink sketch pad in the air.

"Chat! Give it back!" she yells. I open the book, cooing at the (awesome) designs. Suddenly, Marinette lounges at me. We topple over, and she lays right on top of me. Shes snatches the sketch pad away while I am in shock.

"Aha! Gotcha!" she exclaims, jumping up in victory. She's smiling. A warm feeling reaches from my chest to my toes and I smile, too. She eventually plops back down into her chaise lounge. I sit down beside her.

"Thanks, Chat," she whispers to me. She starts to cry again. I let her lean into me.

"Shhhh. It's going to be okay," I whisper to her, handling her pale hands, "What happened?"

"I... I don't know! I have this crazy crush that Alya's always been supportive of and today... today when I asked her, she told me I should give up and then I got upset and then she told me I would alright without him and she thought that she knew him better and I yelled at her and she yelled at me, because she was trying to lookout for me when she was hurting me and..." Her word ran on, I only catching a few: Alya, crush, supportive, upset, better, yelled, lookout, hurting....