4. Clear in air

Arnav stood under the shower with cold water cascading down on his features erasing the awful touch of someone which he himself unaware. His hard, cold palms were pressing on the opposite wall supporting his body. His eyes closed, lungs doing its work properly though in a brief time.

'What the hell is she blabbering? When did I betray her? What lie did I say to her? Why is she accusing me of something which I never know what it was? Why the hell is she claiming that I betrayed her? Wasn't she the one who went ahead ignoring me all the time? Then why is she blaming me now? I just went to a party, what else I did? Why is she behaving as if I gave her place to some other women? Can't she know she is the woman of my life? Hell, that was not the question in the first place. Dammit!!!' He slammed his fist against the wall in despair. 

Inhaling a deep breath he opened his eyes abruptly when a sudden thought popped into his mind.

'Do anybody trying to separate us? Even I got an image, has it been related to khushi's behaviour. But unlike him, she is not a person to fall for such tricks. What is going wrong? Only she has answers for her behaviour'

That cold air somehow cooled his mind. Wiping his wet hair with a towel he realised he forget to take his clothes in hurry. Tying that same towel around his waist he left the washroom.

When he stepped into the room, he saw her sitting on the bed with her palms hiding her beautiful face. Ignoring her he made his step towards wardrobe only to halt his step, hearing her muffled sob.

Swiftly changing his direction he reached her in two strides not forgetting to close the door.

"Khushi.." His soft voice made her raise her head.

The heart-wrenching state of her red swollen eyes clouded with misery churned his insides.

In a blink his palms came in contact with her cheeks, kneeling down in comfortable position oblivious to his uncomfortableness as his mind and heart were only on khushi.

"Khushi..." He gaped when she eyed him innocently.

"What had happened to us khushi? Why we're so near yet so far? Why our heartbeat increases yet it didn't give us serene feeling like earlier? Why everything looks wrong? Why??" His low cracked voice brings more tears to her eyes.

He leaned resting his forehead against hers and continued "Have you realise how aloof we become these days? We aren't same as before.." He gasped some air not able to continue further.

"Why are you devastated khushi? How can I know the problem if you refuse to share it with me? Or...Do you think I am not worth to know your problems? Are we.. split that much?..." He squinted lowering his hands from her cheeks, not getting any response from her.

When he moved back a little she stopped him by wounding her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her.

Gulping her throat, she opened her mouth to speak. But no words come out rather, a sob arises within her threatening to spill out.

Swallowing it by difficulty she continued "I... Don't want you to betray me...Will you?" He frowned at her question. She waited for his assurance that never came as his thoughts are busy in deciphering behind her behaviour.

With batted breath she started to spill her state again "I don't want to believe that...photo but I couldn't ignore either.... It's screaming something else on the contrary of my belief. What shall I do? I want to be selfish. A selfish who wants to possess you only for her. A selfish who wants to claim her rights on you, no one...I mean no one should dare to touch my precious. What I have to do to make you only mine? Tell me..." She asked desperately and caressing his nape hair simultaneously.