9A. Smart, Is he?

"ENOUGH!!!"

The hall went silent for a minute only to gain its life back with a fuss.

"You cannot always shut us with your anger chotte. You have to answer us" Nani being the elder one came forward to solve the problem.

"If only I was made to aware of the question nani" He indifferently said trying to swallow the anger, bubbling inside him predicting that photo must have reached the family. He knows from the morning act he did in the living room will make the culprit to do something but he did not expect this soon.

Anjali forwarded an envelope. Khushi who silently watching all the incident in confusion lunged forward snatching the envelope before arnav, fearing for the worst pushing payal away in the process.

What she saw inside was the same photo which she received on the morning.

Culprit is so fast, She thought.

She showed the same to arnav and conveyed that was the same photo through eyes. Arnav examined the photo keenly for any trace of clues which he came up with none other than the thing he already knows. But still his ASR mind busy processing and calculating what should be done and who must be behind it. And when a beep escaped from his mobile he knows the culprit was just a touch away. Opening and reading the content he put it back in its previous place.

Others stood perplexed seeing her calm expression. They thought she'll be shocked and would cry.

"Khushi...Say something" Payal shakes her in fear.

"What do you expect me to tell when it was fake?" She too replied nonchalantly shocking others.

"Khushiji, but photo" Anjali and Nk voiced out their doubt at same time. Anjali never wants anyone to go through the same fate as hers not even khushi, her brother's wife.

"It was fake di. Matter solved. Shall we move?" She said making her way towards the stairs.

Everyone gaped at her nonchalant behaviour while they devastated and cried over that photo.

Anjali stopped her on tracks by holding her arms "Don't do the same mistake as mine. Don't put blind trust on anyone khushiji. Here everyone was worried but you're behaving as if nothing big happened"

Arnav gritted her teeth seeing his di's distrust on him.

"So you trust the photo more than me. Unbelievable" Arnav yelled holding anjali arm.

Anjali pushed his arm away "You never answered chotte. After seeing the photo you're not even defending yourself, does that mean you know it already or is it true?"

Arnav was taken aback not by her words but by the fury on her eyes.

She is doubting me? She doesn't trust me. She too thinks I am like that man, Am I?

Shrugging his thoughts which are stubbornly entering into unwanted territory on an unwanted time his ASR brain suppressed the hurt arnav.

"Di when I have no problem why are you all fussing over it?" Khushi said sensing arnav hurt over di's words.

"Don't defend me khushi. Everyone who did wrong should be punished and they all think I did wrong let it be" Arnav intervened stopping her.

Nani came forward intruded their conversation "What does it mean chotte? What are you trying to tell?"

"I am telling whoever did wrong should be punished" He repeated again.

This time khushi also scrunched her brows not getting what he meant.