Chapter 2

On August 20th, Atlas had finally made her way back to the place where her magic education had begun. That morning she had packed all of her belongings from her little cottage and placed her owl in a cage. Her small cat, Oliver, rather preferred to travel alongside her instead as she apparated to Hogsmeade. Dumbledore had promised all of her stuff would be delivered to her room by house elves when she had gotten to the castle.

So there she stood outside the train station as she waited for the carriage to pull up. However, this time she could not miss the large winged beast pulling it. It must has been a recent addition as she had not recognized these skeleton horses beforehand. Never less, she greeted it kindly and assisted herself into the carriage. The magical creature then continued to pull her and her cat uphill and past the gates of the castle. The feeling of nostalgia filled her as she watched Hogwarts tower over her view in such a way. It reminded her of when these carriages were packed full with herself and all of her best friends. A rowdy carriage ride indeed when you have four idiotic Gyriffindors and an Hufflepuff.

The ride stopped at the castle doors and she hopped off, thanking the beast one last time before entering Hogwarts. As the doors closed behind her, the sound echoed through the empty corridors. Never had she seen the place so quiet before. She was used to kids bustling around trying to find their next class or a couple snogging in the halls.

Atlas found herself walking towards the headmasters office as she knew no other place to go. The paintings along the way welcomed her, respecting her a lot more now that she was a teacher here and not some annoying student. Some of them even recognized her back from her day. Whenever they used to yell at her and her friends when they were up nothing good.

When she arrived at the Gargoyles though, she had not one clue what the password was. After trying many different times she sighed in defeat before wondering elsewhere. Her next stop was, in a logical sense, a great place to wonder. Outside and on the grounds, she made her way over to the greenhouse. The place where she would be teaching her Herbology class. Nothing had seemed to change as there was still rows and rows of plants growing all over, moving and thriving. There was still also that earthy smell that never left and it brought a smile to her face. Oliver had jumped off her shoulders and roamed the she sat down in one of the students stools, reliving her self as one of them.

"I hope you know you shouldn't be sitting in that seat much longer." A voice startled Atlas. She whipped around to see a familiar face at the entrance of her classroom.

"Professor McGonagall." Atlas smiled and stood up, "I didn't know you were there. "She admitted, dusting herself off as the older professor made her way over.

Minerva was a bright teacher that Atlas had looked up to when she was being taught herself. Now here she was, wearing her green robes and a soft smile gracing her aged face. Her hair was whiter than before and pulled back into the same bun as she's always had. "I know, but I had saw someone walking down here and I could never mistake someone like you." She responded. Minerva placed her hands on the younger ones shoulders and proudly told her, "It's great to have you back," then Atlas was pulled into a hug by the woman, which she kindly returned.

"Thank you, I never imagined myself as a teacher before, and to be quite honest, I'm quite nervous." Atlas confessed. "I don't know if the kids will like me or not, or if they will even listen to a word I say."

McGonagall shook her head and let go of the girl. "There is no need to be, deary. The kids will love you and trust me. You have a sense in you that anyone would listen for." The teacher looked around the classroom then," I had always loved this place, but the class held some interesting memories. I remember once when I was schooled here, being almost eaten alive by one of the magical plants." She laughed," The school had to change it's protocol after that one."