Chapter 12

Roars from the crowd almost couldn't be heard over the harsh rains and wind that pounded over the cheering fans that afternoon. Atlas could be found in the teacher's stand as she watched the intense match between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. She was wet and cold, but nothing could stop the teacher from cheering her guts out for her own house. As she was wrapped up in many layers of yellow and black, Atlas had regretted not putting some kind of dryness charm on her clothing before she came out there.

But non the less, the witch was having a blast as she supported the game of Quidditch. Unlike many of the students who were dragged out there by friends to endure the ridiculous weather.

While Atlas hollered loudly for another goal that Hufflepuff had made, her eyes were also intensely focused on her godson as he raced around the field at high speeds. Harry Potter was the seeker for the Gryffindor team and his one and only job was to find the golden snitch that rapidly flew in any and every random direction.

She found it remarkable how familiar the scene felt as she recalled her school years of being in the stands and cheering for the badgers, but always having her eye on a certain Potter. Whether it be James or Harry up on the field as a seeker or a chaser. Both of them clad in the same red and gold uniforms. The feeling of nostalgia filled her again and she smiled brightly.

Suddenly though, the rain pounding onto her had stopped and she was left confused. Looking up, she saw a silver whispy spell casted above her head. Her eyes followed back down to who casted it, only to see Remus Lupin standing beside her. He gave her a small smile as he held the umbrella spell above the two of them.

" You seem to be enjoying this weather more than anyone else." He had to yell over the loud storm.

Wiping all the wet hair off her face, she politely smiled back, appreciating the gesture. " A little rain never hurt anyone." She told him looking back up to the game. Remus shook his head with the a grin plastered to his face. To him she was still the same as always and it was not something he missed.

The crowd was going wild as the seekers went off again, somehow tracking that little shiny ball in the impossible to see weather. It seemed to get worse and worse as each minute passed and the clouds darkened as lightning brewed up. Atlas grew to be worried for the kids as the conditions grew more dangerous for them to play in. Remus noticed her expressions change.

"I'm sure they'll be fine up there. We've seen matches in worse weather." He told her. Atlas tore her attention away for a second, realizing how tense her face was from focusing too hard.

" Yes, but that won't stop me from worrying for him. How do you suppose he sees the snitch up there?"

"For Harry, you mean?"

"Of course, who else?"

Remus raised his eyebrows in surprise, "I don't know, I guess I expected you to want the Hufflepuff seeker to catch the snitch. You know, as their head of house and all." He laughed lightly.

Atlas, amused as well, shrugged, "Of course I would like for them to win, but you know, I've got to be supportive of Harry as well. I'm his godmother after-"

She was suddenly cut short as many people in the stands started screaming, and a teacher right next to them yelled out, "Dementors! There's dementors up there!". Both of the two teachers eyes shot up to the skies and they viably went pale. They both watched as the black, soul sucking creatures weaved themselves into the terrible storm clouds in search for their next target.

Dumbledore, from a few seats away from them, looked visibly livid that the Dementors invaded the game, seeing as they were not supposed to be near any students. It was difficult to see what was happening in the sky as the weather still somehow continued to grow worse. The quidditch team was still somehow fighting through as if they didn't notice the appending dangerous beasts above them.

But out of no where, a figure broke through the cloud's surface. A gasp left Atlas's lips as she clung to Remus's arm out of fear at the sight. The figure fell at such a rapid speed and had no control of their body as it was flung around like a rag doll. She couldn't bare to look and shoved her face behind the older man's shoulder. It was as if time had slowed down and from beside them, Headmaster Dumbledore was swift enough to cast Aresto Momentum to keep the student from splattering onto the ground.

The crowds grew restless and the players on the field all rushed to help the fallen player.

"It's okay, Atlas. They're okay." Remus reassured the woman who still looked away frightened. Out of all the shock, she released his arm from her hold, embarrassed that she hid away, but that was the last thought on her mind. Turning back to look at the field, the figure was now hovering a foot off the ground and the teacher was able to let out a loud breath. Head Master Dumbledore was the first to leave the stands and Remus and Atlas followed along quickly. They all ran towards the boy who as they drew closer, quickly realized that it was Harry Potter.

 "One of the Dementors must have gotten to him." Remus commented, as he observed that the boy had passed out stone cold just like before on the train.

"I'll be having a long conversation with the Minster as to why dementors invaded the field," Dumbledore commented as they all stood around the boys floating figure," for now though, Professor Lovell, would you mind taking Mr. Potter to Madam Pomfrey." Dumbledore had asked the Herbology teacher. Atlas was still shaken from the recent events, but got herself out of her thoughts and complied.

"Of course, sir." She replied, taking her wand out and casting a levitation charm on Harry. She gave Remus one last concerned glanced before turning and leading the boy to the Hospital wing. Behind her, the teammates all found out that Cedric Diggory had caught the snitch in the heat of the moment. He had offered to rematch due to the situation but the Gryffindors knew he won it fair and square, leaving the win to the Hufflepuffs. Most of the teammates then ran to catch up with the Professor and their friend.

Atlas watched Harry as she carried him across the field. Sighing, she was concerned for the boy and how often unfortunate things like this happen to him.

It seemed to run in the blood.