Chapter 9

Right after dinner had finished up that night, Atlas returned to her headquarters. She was happy that she had finally gotten her room's portrait replaced after the party guests kept on insulting her. Atlas now smiled gently to the new painting of a dainty woman sitting at a dresser, combing her long floor length hair. "Scrappers," She whispered. The girl in the painting watched the Professor through the mirror before closing her eyes in satisfaction. As she put down the diamond encrusted hairbrush, the door swung open for her to walk through.

Scrappers was her nickname she used as a Marauder. She had it since school when Sirius at least let her chose between that, Whiskers, or Weasel. He knew that anyone confusing her animagus form with a weasel pissed the woman off, so he wanted to mess around with Atlas. His name was Padfoot, in reference of his black dog form. Moony for Remus just for the laughs of the full moon. Prongs was for James's deer, and Wormtail for Peter's rat form. They were fitting at least. She didn't know why she kept it as her password, though. Maybe just for the memories of being back at the school.

With a flick of her wand, a small cup of tea started to brew for her. She sat at her table with her book, letting Oliver jump up on her lap. Scratching behind his ear, he purred loudly at all of the attention he received.

However, a loud knock came from her portrait door. Her cat jumped up and screeched. Oliver's new found peace was rudely disturbed. Atlas sighed, only then getting comfy from a long day. Who in the world would bother her at such a late time. If they had any matters to discuss, it could have been at dinner. Rolling her eyes, she reached her door and pushed it open.

She choked, seeing the last person she expected standing there.

"Sirius broke into the castle." Was all Remus had to get out to convince her. Immediately, Atlas ran back in and grabbed her wand before sprinting out the door with the teacher.

"He got in? W-hat happened? Is Harry okay?" She questioned in a hurry, wanting to know everything. Their past was in the back of her mind as the concern of Sirius in the castle panicked her to all levels. Sirius Black was one conflicting person she did not want to think about. She knew he was a murderer but he was also once a good friend. That night of Lily and Potters death was a night her mind would visit when he thought of the man.

It didn't matter, the only concern of hers was the safety of Harry's. No matter how well she knew Sirius, he would be blasted if he laid a hand on her godson.

"He slashed the Fat Lady's portrait demanding to get in. He ran off after she refused to and he's hiding somewhere." Remus told her as they ran down the hall.

Atlas faltered, stopping for a moment. She was terrified. She had never felt such fear fill her before. She was a warrior, she was one of the toughest of the tough. So why was it then, when she was only faced by an old friend, that she felt sick to her stomach. Maybe because there were so many things they knew about him. A mass murderer who escaped from the most guarded prison out there. She had always heard of random convicted people but never batted an eye as they were locked up. But here they were, hunting the man who once turned her utensils into frogs as a prank. A man who she spent a full year and a half trying to transform into an illegal being. The same person who betrayed their best friends and murdered the ones they though he loved dearly. "Remus," she panted as they ran along the castle grounds, "Should we tell them? Should we tell them about him being an animagus?" She whispered, looking him the eye.

That was the first time she had actually talked to him without wanting to tear his head off. He would have pointed this out to her if the situation had been so dire. He took her by the shoulders as she was shaking, almost to the point of tears, "Absolutely not. Atlas, if we reveal how we know he's one, they might question you. We can't risk it, you might get caught." He swore on his life that he would never let his friends get caught for their illegal acts. They had only done so to help him, and that was the one thing he made sure of.