Chapter 8

Atlas was not going to lie. She was curious as to what Remus's conversation was going to be about. Harry was her godson and Remus knew too much.  She needed to know what he might expose to the kid, if any at all.  Lovell's curiosity got the best of her as she quickly ran to the hospital wing to drop of the plants before sprinting back to the defense classroom.

She knew the perfect plan to sneak in.

The windows to Lupin's classroom were wide open to let the cool air in that day, and she used it to as much of her advantage. Looking down the hall, she spotted absolutely no one, before she quickly shifted into her animagus. As if she had vanished out of thin air, Atlas Lovell's body,  with her short black hair and rosy cheeks had vanished. Instead, a small  furry creature replaced where the young woman was standing.

On the ground was a long brown and white speckled ferret. It had a small pointy nose and a long bushy tail that  shifted back and forth as it ran across the floor. Atlas spent no time  jumping up on the window ledges of the hallway and climbing along the  masonry to the outside of Remus's class. Without being seen, she slipped her way into the class room and slid underneath one of the large dressers Lupin had stored in there.

"Well, if I'm honest sir," Was the first thing she head come out of the students mouth, " I had thought of Voldemort at first, but then.... but then I remembered back on the train. The Dementors. " Harry looked shaken as he admitted it.

" Ah, I'm impressed, I suggest what you fear the most is fear itself, Mr.Potter," Remus commented as they were seated down at table sipping on their steaming hot tea. Atlas swore that Remus was probably drinking his favorite flavor, cinnamon tea. Then again, she cursed herself for still knowing that fact.

She was confused as to what the context of this conversation actually was. She didn't expect much coming in here, but it seemed to be a serious topic no doubt if he mentioned Voldemort's name. " Before I fainted on the train, I heard a woman. She was screaming." Harry paused again, reliving the moment. Atlas had heard of this situation. It was all the gossip around the school that Harry Potter had fainted while the dementors searched the train for Sirius Black. " I think I heard my mother. I think it was her screaming." He admitted.

Remus was quiet for a moment. Lilly Potter had come into his thoughts and he had many vivid memories flash through his mind of the redheaded woman. " Your mother, Harry, was an exceptional young witch, and a kind hearted soul too."

The boy perked up, "You knew my mother?" Lupin chuckled at the boys enthusiasm.

"I actually knew both of your parents. I was best friends with your dad, James. Us and a small rag-tag group would run around the school causing mayhem each year." He recalled to the boy. Harry was grasping on to any information he was told as he never knew his parents. Yet there in front of him was someone who knew them so well apparently. "I hope you stay out of trouble as he couldn't, but seeing the misfortunes that follow you every year it seems you've picked up that trait." Lupin laughed. "But you have no clue how much you really resemble the both of them."

Atlas was a slight bit jealous as she wanted to be the one to tell  him about his parents. However, she knew Remus wanted to too just as much. He did in fact have a closer relationship to James than she did. While at the same time, she wondered if Remus would tell him about her and the others. About Peter Pettigrew and Sirius Black. Would he be the one to reveal to the kid that the mass murderer, Azkaban escapee was his god father? Lovell pitied the one who would break it too him.

At this point, Lovell felt guilty for sneaking into their conversation like this. What kind of person, even more, a teacher, would disrespect the privacy of them. The good-ole Hufflepuff heart was getting to her as she started to climb out of the window and back out on to the ledge, but she was caught off guard as she heard her name mentioned by the student.