Chapter 11

Remus woke up sore that morning just as he did after every full moon. Groaning as he laid on the floor, he covered his eyes from the bright sun that blinded him through the window. There wasn't anything new about him waking up on the cold ground, exposed and tired. However, his memory quickly snapped back to him as his peace was abruptly interupted.

"Morning, sunshine." An almost sarcastic voice startled him, causing him to twist around in a panic. There sitting on the side of his desk was Atlas Lovell, nonchalantly picking at his items and playing with them curiously. "Sleep well?"

In a hurry, Remus, who was beet red in the face, scrambled to grab his change of clothes from his drawer. Atlas was turned away to give him his privacy, but it was also to conceal the small grin that laced her face. She could hear the shuffling of clothes and his belt from behind her as he started to stumble over his own words.

"Atlas- I, you- you're still here?" He got out as he buckled his pants up. Atlas turned to face him once again and raised her eyebrow.

"Would you rather I leave?" She asked, trying his best to avoid staring at his bare chest. It was rude to stare Atlas, but who was to fool that she hadn't seen him in clothed in such ways before. Or in that case, unclothed in such ways.

He didn't hesitate to stop the woman in her tracks. "No- no not at all, please stay if you would like." Remus rushed to get out. He continued to slip on his shirt and button it up as she waited. "Would you like a cup of tea?" He offered her nicely just as he would've any pleasant man.

Atlas hesitated. She had almost felt like she overstayed her visit already, but as she looked Remus in the eyes again he reassured her that he was absolutely okay with it. In fact, if the man was honest with himself, he almost would've have begged for her to stay so that he could talk to her.

Luckily though he did not have to beg as she politely agreed to stay for a small cup. That was enough confirmation for him as he finished slipping on his coat and pulled his wand out from his desk. Waving it gently, he cast a spell to start brewing tea for the both of them. He reached out and grabbed one of the floating teacups out of the air, and handed it to the other teacher who thanked him and took a seat in his chair.

There was a small moment of silence as they sipped on their teas together.  There was an odd sort of feeling between them that neither could tell if it was good or not. As they listened to the hum of birds outside, both of them waited for the other to finally say something.

"Thank you." Remus was the first one to start as he cleared his throat. Atlas looked back up from sipping her tea, pleasantly surprised she didn't have to start the conversation .

She place her cup down back on the plate and cleared her throat. " For what?" She questioned.

He shook his head and gave her a knowing look she knew all two well, " You didn't have to spend all night helping me, Atlas. I appreciate it a lot. It was the best full moon I've had In years. Honest." His tone was solemn as he showed he sincerely missed having someone around during those moments.

Atlas waved him off, "It was a small favor Remus. I couldn't sleep anyways so don't worry about it. " She gave him a small smile.

The moment was new for Atlas. This was the first time she had an actually civil conversation with him since then. And as every minute passed, the reasons as to why he left started to fade from her memory. All she could see was the small twinkle in his eyes when he spoke and the way he held himself around her. It felt like everything to her in that moment and she cursed herself for feeling that way.

There was another silence, but it was as if the both of them welcomed it this time.

"Aren't you afraid?" She asked suddenly, setting her cup down on the nicely detailed tea plate. He seemed shocked that she had asked her this question. He was surprised she was even starting a conversation with him, and he was really confused as to how this started to become a thing.