Chapter 6

MATT'S POV:

The week went by like it used to before the notebook incident. Leo barely acknowledged me, besides the intense stares. And sometimes I would feel like someone was watching me, so I would look around and see him looking at me, which is really weird to be honest. Rumor has it that he and Laurel are back together, that's not new, they have an on and off relationship. I don't know why it still hurts me. Nothing will ever happen between us. 

So, i'ts Friday now and John and Macy are trying to convince me to go to the party with them, even though I really don't want to. 

"Come ON Matt! You never leave your house you have to get out more often and socialize, it's your own good, for future social skills!" Macy reasoned.

"I completely agree. When was the last time you came to a party with us?" John asked.

"Like, last month?" I answer.

"Exactly! You should come to a party with AT LEAST once a moth!" Macy says while John nods his head eagerly. 

"I can't leave Chris..." I say.

"And that's why Mrs. Pemberton already agreed to watch over him! She also agrees that you should go out more often, have fun," John says.

"Ok, FINE! I'll go, just so you all stop bothering me!" I finally give in. 

"YES!" John shouts, making several heads glance our way, while I blush and duck my head.

Then the bell rings and both of them head off to their respective classes, while I head off to the library because I have a free period.

I go to one table hidden at the far end of the library that not many people know about. But first I look for a book to read and entertain myself for an hour. When I'm about to go into the historical novel's section I see two people kissing. And not just any two people, but Leo and Laurel. It kind of hurts to be honest, when you see the guy you have a major crush on making out with someone that isn't you.

I run to the table and decide to do my homework instead of reading. A few minutes in, I see a shadow looming over my table but don't look up. Only when I see someone sitting on the chair opposite me do I look and make eye contact with none other than Leo. 

"I need a favor," he says. I don't say anything, so he continues." I need you to tutor me in Maths, please"

I look at him, kind of shocked at his suggestion and he continues.

"You see, for me to be on the team I need a B+ average, and right now, I'm having trouble with that, because of Maths, so I thought I could ask if you were free to tutor me."

The first thing that comes through my mind is "why me?", but then I realize that this could be an opportunity to hang out with Leo. And it could either end really well or really badly.

So I just nod.

Then he smiles. Again. What is with all the smiling?!

"Great, can I get your number, so I can text you, and then we'll set a date," he says. I nod and give him my phone. I feel butterflies when he says date, but then I remind myself that it's not in that sense. 

"Ok, cool, I'll text you," and with that he leaves. And I'm there staring at his retreating figure, still not  believing what the heck just happened.

I don't know how long I was out, but next thing I know the bell is ringing and it's time for English.

The day ends pretty fast. That, or I just spent all day spacing out, which is more likely.

Next thing I know, John and Macy are ringing my doorbell and practically draging me out of the house.

We drop Chris in Mrs. Pembertons house and she offers for him to spend the night, so that I don't have to worry about picking him up and that I could pick him up whenever I felt like it the next day and that I could sleep in.

So, with that, I hug my brother goodbye and leave, with a strange feeling in my chest.