Chapter 19

Matt's POV:

We're making out.

Leo and I are making out.

In school... not necessarily in public but still.

I know we're probably one of those couples that escape in the middle just so that they can go make out in a dark corner, but who cares?! Honestly, I don't. Leo is such a good kisser. I have nothing to compare it to, but I just know he's a good kisser. 

So...here we are, about twelve minutes until it rings for the first class and I'm leaning against a row of lockers, my arms around Leo's neck and Leo's arms around my waist. And it feels great. But really, if we don't get a move on soon, we're gonna be late. And, with that thought in my head, I reluctantly pull away from him a little and touch our foreheads. His eyes are still closed when I say,"Ok, that's it, we have to go to class...we wouldn't want to be late now, would we?" 

Still with his eyes closed he answers, "I don't care, let's just skip or something."

I laugh a little at that. Leo and I have been officially dating for about two weeks and it couldn't be better. I haven't had any trouble in school. Actually, everyone's been the same. No one really pays attention to me in the halls or anything, well, except for Ben, who still, sometimes, pushes me when we pass each other in the halls. But that's ok, I can deal with it, it's perfectly normal. 

"No, we cannot skip, because I'm working for a scholarship, and, as much as it sucks sometimes, I can't skip."

He sighs and hides his face in the crook of my neck, "Ok fine...I guess that's fair..." 

We stay like that for a while, in silence just enjoying each other's company and closeness. When he finally raises his head to look at me, he's smiling, and so am I. How can I not? I'm way too happy and Leo is amazing. 

"Ok," he say. "let's make a deal." 

I chuckle at that, " ok, tell me stuff."

"Will you come to my game tonight?"

I'm a little surprised at that. I've only been to one of his games, and it's not like I mind, todays  is  friday after all, so I guess I could, but I'd have to ask Mrs. Pemberton to babysit Chris.

"I guess I can try, I just have to see what to do with Chris... I'll call Mrs. Pemberton and then I'll say something, ok?"

He frowns a little and I hate that I was the one who put that frown on his face, but there's really nothing I can do...

"Yeah, I guess that's ok, I mean, I get it and I'm not mad or anything, I know you're doing what you can so...it's all good, I still like you."

I blush and look down like I do everytime he says anything related to liking me- as stupid as that may sound, I still can't believe he likes me. It sounds unreal. 

He chuckles and is about to kiss me again when the warning bell goes off signaling that we only have 5 minutes to get to class. 

Leo groans and takes my hand, "come on, I'll walk you to class."

"No, that's ok. I don't you to be late."

"Are you saying you don't want me to walk you to class?"

I laugh, "that's most definitely not what I'm saying, I just don't want you to be late because of me."

"I won't if we hurry, so come on, move that cute little butt of yours and let me walk you to class."

Knowing it's gonna be practically impossible to make him change his mind, I let him walk me to class. So, here we are, walking hand in hand to class. Once we get there, I turn to him and thank him for walking me to class with a small peck on the lips, not wanting to start a make out session in the middle of the corridor, but he seems to have another idea because just as I turn around, he grabs my arm and turns me around gently to kiss me again.