Chapter 11

Matt's POV:

Sunday was kind of boring, I mostly just worked and did my homework.

Now is Monday and I'm currently in my locker choosing my books for today morning. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see Macy and John waiting for me, so we can go to class together.

"So, how was your weekend? You kind of disappeared at the party, but John said you were fine and left," Macy says.

"I didn't disappear, you did. With Ethan. But it's fine, don't worry about it," I answer back.

We go together to class and pass Leo in the halls. We just kind of look at each other for a while until he kind of gives me a little smirk. You wouldn't notice if you weren't really looking at him, but seeing as I was, just looking at him, I noticed and sent a little smile back his way.

That's when I notice that I'm walking alone and look behind me to see John and Macy looking at me wide eyed. Oh balls, they must have noticed the little exchange I had with Leo. 

"What was that?" Macy asks.

"Did Leo Bryant, your long time crush and the guy that never gives off any emotion, just smile at you?!" John asks.

I blush and say, " Speak louder now will you?! I don't think the birds outside heard you. And yes, Leo and I may or may not have ditched the party and went to a diner to eat...and I may or may not have also slept at his place after falling asleep on his car."

"What?!" They shout in unison.

I'm about to explain when we're interrupted by the bell.

"I'll explain at lunch, but we should probably go right now," I say.

English class goes by fast and boring. Macy and John kept looking at me like I just found the cure to cancer. Like seriously it's not that big of a deal.

As soon as the bell rings I try to make a run for it and get away from Macy and John, so I run to my next class, which just so happens to be math, which I have with the seniors and consequently, Leo and, more importantly, a class I don't have with either of my very annoying friends. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love them to death and all, but right now, I don't really feel like explaining something not even I understand.

I slump in my seat as soon as get to my classroom, I slump in the seat I always choose in the back. Ugh, Laurel and her bimbo squad is already here, good for me. 

I go to my seat and take my things out and start doodling a few things on my notebook, not people, I'm too scared to do that anymore, since the notebook incident with Leo, so instead, I just draw some eyes and work on the detail and all that.

Then I hear someone walk in and see Leo and his friends walk by and take a seat in the back of the room opposite me, while I seat next to the window, they sit next to the wall. Anyway, while they're sitting down, Leo and I make eye contact and he gives a slight nod. Then I look back at my notebook, not wanting it to be awkward. I sneak a peak at him and see him still staring at me with a straight face. I forgot he didn't laugh around other people. Makes me feel special, to be honest.

Just as I turn back down I feel something hit me in the head and see it's a paper ball. Then I look around and see that it was none other than Laurel who is giving me a death glare, honestly if looks could kill, I'd be six feet under.

"What you looking at stalker?" She asks in that annoying nasal voice of hers. 

"Not you, that's for sure," I mumble and look back down.