Chapter 29

Matt's POV:

Leo and I have been together again for about two months. It's been weirdly simple. Nothing major happened. His parents were super happy to see me again when I went there after about a week into being together, I was weirdly touched to see they liked me. Even his father seemed glad to see me. And let's not even talk about the glee in Cat's eyes when she saw me.

Anyway, the only weird thing that happened these past months is the new relationship between Laurel and Ben. I really don't trust it if I'm being honest. I can't keep ignoring the nagging feeling that they're planning something. Well, let's hope I'm wrong and that they just bonded over their malicous doings and actually fell in love.

Leo invited me to go to his place today to have dinner with him and his parents, because apparently his mom missed me when we were broken up. So I'm just waiting for this day to end so that I can go have dinner with them. I asked Mrs. Pemberton to watch over Chris and seeing as Mike is home for the weekend, it was an extra pair of hands to help control those two together.

So now here I am, finally at the end of the day, putting my books away in my locker and getting the ones I need, along with the never ending amount of homework for the weekend.

A pair of hands around my waist snaps me out of my thoughts of self pity of all the homework I have. I turn around an come face-to-face with my gorgeous boyfriend, who immediately bends down to kiss me.

"Hey," he says and kisses me again, "I missed you."

"We saw each other at lunch," I answer with a smile, but still allow him to kiss me again. It's not easy denying him kisses.

"Yeah, but still. So...you ready to go?" 

"Yup," I close my locker and zip my back pack. "I'm just gonna go get Chris and drop him off at Mrs. Pemberton and I'll see you in a few hours."

"Are you sure I can't just go with you?" he asks me with a pout.

"No, Leo," I chuckle. "You'll only be a distraction. And I still have to go home and shower and all that."

"Well," he says with a smirk on his face and a hint of mischief in his eyes. "I need to shower, too."

"That's good to know. See, then you should go home, too and shower quickly before I get there."

He pouts again and catches my lips once more. I don't know how long we kiss for, but all I know is that it feels too goo to stop, so I don't. Soon enough, he slips a hand under my shirt and lets my back touch the locker, probably for support.

We're interrupted by a clearing of a throat, which makes me remember that we are in fact still in school and being very open and visible to the public eye.

"Seriously? You guys have no self control," John says with a smirk on his face. "I just came here to give this to Matt, so here you go and, please, don't let me stop you." 

After giving me back the notes I had lend him before, he turns around and goes away.

"We should go, too," I say and push lightly, to put some space between us.

"Ok, I'll see you later," he pecks my lips one more time and leaves, but not before sending me a wink over his shoulder.

-------------------------------

"Thank you so much, Mrs. Pemberton, for letting him stay overnight," I thank her as I'm leaving.

"You should know by now that I really don't mind looking after him," she answers with a warm smile on her face.