CHAPTER THIRTEEN

For the past week Briella had been in the infirmary whilst the girls and I found a more permanent living situation together

For the past week Briella had been in the infirmary whilst the girls and I found a more permanent living situation together. But by far the novelty of camping outside together had worn off and fast.

"Ew! I think a bug just bit me! Help! Help," Lianna screams.

I scowl at the sleeping bag in front of me that I was folding before scampering my way out of the bright green tent, making sure to pull the zipper of the mesh net down to avert any more bug induced reactions. So far there had been a lot.

"It's just a bug Lianna, it won't do you any harm," I say with a forced smile.

"How do you know? You don't even know what type of bug it is." She puts her hands on her hips.

Someone let me at her, god she's getting on my last nerve.

"Why don't you tell me then?"

"Fine. It was a butterfly." Kill. Me. Now.

"A butterfly won't kill you, now go and help the girls clean their tents."

"But-"

"No buts go." I give her a look that means business and she stomps off with a pout. God I hate children.

A satisfied smile stretches across my face and I turn my gaze from the moody madam to the nature around me. To my amazement, I enjoyed camping more than I thought I would. Something about waking up to the birds chirping and the dew on the grass glistening in the sunlight in the morning made me feel content. Plus, there was less critters chaos than I actually thought there would be.

"Alexis!" My eyes turn to see a familiar red head walking over the grassy embankment.

"Gianna." I smile. "How can I help you?"

"A little bird told me you were having some trouble from your campers?"

I sigh. "Let's just say they're less than thrilled about having to sleep on the ground."

She nods her head in agreement. "I thought so which is why I've arranged a camp wide cookout."

"Oh wow, that will perk them up for sure. Thankyou!"

She laughs. "It's no problem dear! And you know Albert, he's always up for some s'mores. "

A chuckle can't help but escape from my lips. "That I do know."

"Anyway, expect a bucket load of kids coming your way very shortly."

As if on cue, Braden, Tanner, unfortunately Colton and a bunch of other counsellors appear over the hill carrying large logs and stools. All of them have taken their camp shirts off and swung them over their shoulders, sweating in the heat. It's probably a good thing the boys uniform includes shorts because I don't think I could cope if these exposed abs joined an exposed ass.