|Chapter Nine|

The cluster of teens ran down the beach, the lighthouse growing closer and closer. Suddenly, a purple and white ray exploded from the top of it, and the sky began to darken.

"A ray! That must be where they are!" Tanner calls out. The group tried to press forward, but was halted by Butchy, who stared up at the lighthouse in terror. The group looked at him in confusion.

"I gotta be honest with you, I'm not big on lighthouses" he admits "it's kind of a thing. For some people its snakes, for some people its heights-"

"Or clowns" Y/n adds in, and Butchy nods in agreement.

"-But for me, it's lighthouses" he says, and tries to back away. Seacat and Y/n stopped him

"You can do this!" Y/n says.

"We're all with you" Seacat adds "What do you say?" He says, pointing towards the lighthouse, which continued to spit out the purple lightening"

"Wow. My fear is gone!" Butchy says suddenly

"Two years of therapy and I'm still terrified of clowns but nope three seconds and his fear of lighthouses is gone" Y/n mumbles under her breath.

"Let's go!" Butchy shouts, pointing towards the lighthouse. The group runs towards the lighthouse, but Butchy remained still. Once he was the last one left he turned to run away, but came face to face with Y/n, who had her hands on her hips. He laughed nervously, and Y/n pushed him gently

"Come on Hotshot" she mumbles

~~~~~~~~~~

They caught up with the group, and ran into the lighthouse. Immediately everyone began to tear at the machine. Y/n ran to the side of the machine, and saw Brady and Mack

"Brady!" She cried out, hugging her brother tightly. Brady sighed with relief "

"You're okay!" He exclaimed. "I was worried. "

"You were worried?" She laughed.

Lela and Tanner ran up to the group.

"Lela!" Brady said.

"Tanner?" Mack questioned

"Mack!" Tanner answered

"Brady!" Lela cried out happily

"Y/n!" Y/n called out. The four looked at her. "What? I felt left out"

"We're here to save you!" Lela says, and Tanner touches his forehead to hers.

"Look at that Brady" Mack laughs "They got together all by themselves"

"We're here to save you!" Tanner says. They all stared at each other for a second, and Mack gestures to the roped that bound them.

"Oh! Right" Y/n says, and she, Tanner, and Lela quickly began to untie the two. Once untied, Y/n quickly began to check their wrists for burns, but found none.

The five of them joined the clustered group. Butchy lay on a platform under the machine, and appeared to be trying to pry it open. The group began hitting it with crowbars, wrenches, and in Strut's case, her pink heel.

"We can't brake this thing apart!" Rascal say, panicking slightly.

"Wait," Lela says, peering at the machine. "This motor isnt much different than a four-stroke, 500 CC, flat-twin, air cooled Wankel with shaft final and rear wheel drive!" She exclaims. "The kind you guys refurbish all the time!"

"Can we get that in English please?" Y/n mutters to Brady, who snorted a bit.

"She's right!" Butchy agrees with his sister. "But it's hard to get to without taking the entire thing apart. Especially with these sausage fingers" he says, wiggling his gloved fingers.