Dolan Twins - Grayson sick in December

A/N: Again, so sorry for the slow updates. My family and I just finished moving so its been really crazy. This isn't a specific request, its just something I felt like writing. The next few posts, however, will be requests! Regardless, I hope you enjoy! Also, I had to republish this so sorry if you're seeing it again! 

No POV: Ethan and Grayson had just celebrated their 18th birthday last night, and had both stayed up really late. Ethan was getting his tonsils out in 3 days.

They were currently sitting at their kitchen table eating pancakes and discussing their plans for the day. It was a Sunday and they had woken up early to go to 9 am mass, something they only did around Christmas time.

Grayson POV:

"We should do something fun, like play pond hockey or something. Wait no, we should buy lottery tickets! We're 18 now dude!!" Ethan said excitedly while playfully shoving me.

"For getting only 3 hours of sleep, you're surprisingly peppy." I answered, yawning. "But yeah we should go on an adventure or something, especially before you're out of commission after Wednesday. Are you nervous about surgery ?"

"Uh yeah, trying not to think about it too much. But yeah you're right, we should do something fun." Ethan replied, standing up to bring his empty plate to the sink.

"But yeah I have tons of energy, but damn bro you look tired af" Ethan continued. "If you're too tired we don't have to do anything too crazy"

"No I'm good, don't worry. What if we head out around 12:30 or 1? I think I might try to nap, I'm so tired man." I said, finished my pancakes. And it was true; I was already tired yesterday before getting no sleep, and today I felt completely wiped out.

"Yeah that works. I think I'll start editing Tuesday's video". Ethan walked out of the kitchen and into the living room and I made my way upstairs to my room.

It was almost 11, and I set my alarm for 12:15. I plopped down on the mattress, feeling the weight of my fatigue in the pit of my stomach. I had this overwhelming feeling that I was coming down with something, but I didn't bother thinking about it more because I was out as soon as I laid my head down on the pillow.

When I finally woke up after snoozing my alarm twice, it was already 12:33. I was feeling way worse when I woke up. Although I wasn't nearly as tired, my premonition about getting sick was definitely right. My stomach felt uneasy and my body was aching.

I had a text from Ethan that had come in at 12:30 asking if I was ready to go. I texted back that I had just woken up but would be ready in 10. I knew that he could really use a distraction, whether it just be a small trip out of the house.

I had just slept in my boxers and a t-shirt, so all I did was put a pair of joggers on, a beanie and my red Moncler coat. I went downstairs and was putting my boots on when Ethan met me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Gray you ready?" Ethan asked. He was already wearing his coat. I nodded and stood up. "So where do we wanna go?"

"E, do you think we could just buy some lottery tickets instead of something crazy?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah, of course dude. Are you feeling okay?" he asked, scanning my face for any sign of illness. I said that I was fine and brushed past him outside. I hopped into the passenger seat of his car and rested my head on the freezing window. I shivered and closed my eyes, hoping that the cold would make me feel better.

Ethan POV: I didn't intend on driving, so when I got outside and saw Grayson sitting in my car I had to go back inside to find my car keys. I came back out 5 or 10 minutes later and got into the driver's seat and was shocked to see that Grayson was asleep.