Dolan Twins- Altitude Sickness

Sorry for not posting in a long long time. Hopefully now that I have some more free time I can start posting a bit more again! I hope you enjoy this one, I started it when I was skiing a few months ago and am just now getting around to finishing it. I'm also working on some of the requests I've gotten too, but am always welcome to any new ones! Thanks for being patient with me! Enjoy xx

Ethan POV:

"We will be touching down in Aspen in 15 minutes or so, at the local time of 1:30. The weather outside is partly cloudy and a brisk 30 degrees, with snow showers of 4-6 inches predicted in the evening. Flight attendants please prepare for final departure"

I tapped Grayson in the shoulder, and after no response gave him a hard shake. He groggily rubbed one eye before slowly opening both eyes and taking off his Beats headphones.

"Dude we're landing in 15, and they just announced that there will be 6-8 inches of snow tonight!" I said excitedly. Grayson barely reacted to this, so I gave him a light shove before saying "that means tomorrow will be a powder day dude! Our first day and we've been blessed with powder."

"Yeah man that's awesome, sounds great" he said with a yawn. "We have everything worked out with the hotel right? I can't believe we're going snow boarding tomorrow." He pulled out his printed itinerary from a pocket of his pack back.

"Yes Grayson, and did you really need to print it?" I half scoffed.

"One of us needs to be organized about this trip. So a guy called Richard is going to meet us with a sign that has our names on it in baggage claim, and then he will drive us to the resort. And we have 5 nights booked, with 5 days of boarding. I even tried to print out a trail map..." he fumbled with a few different pieces of paper that, arranged together, kind of resembled a complete trail map.

"Ya know they give these away for free at the resort, right? Plus I'm pretty sure there's an app anyways" I joked, poking Grayson lightly. Grayson rolled his eyes: "Anyways, we will probably want to take it easy for the first two days until we adjust to the altitude. I was thinking we could do something more low key tomorrow"—
"And speaking of tomorrow! I have a surprise. I booked us a private sunset snowmobiling tour!!" I explained excitedly. Grayson had planned the entire trip and I wanted to do something to show him I cared.
"What! E you shouldn't have, that must've cost a fortune!!" Grayson said, a smile emerging on his face.

The boys exited the plane and located their driver, Richard, and before they knew it they were checked into their hotel. Grayson, tired from theirs travel day, laid down on one of the two beds with a groan, and turned on the TV.

"Grayson, we still have a half a day left to explore! Let's go walk around the town, it's only 2:30!" I said, happy to be on vacation.
Soon the boys were bundled up and headed out to walk around the main town. They went in a few galleries, admiring the local art and even inquiring about purchasing some of it. They grabbed almond milk mochas and headed down to a park, where they watched families building snowman and playing tag. They want into boutiques and admired the quality goods, and Ethan even purchased a merino wool scarf. They walked and walked until their feet were numb and their noses were red with cold, the sun had set in the sky and they found themselves at a cosy looking American style restaurant. They decided to go inside—they were both hungry and thirsty at this point and the menu seemed promising. Ethan ordered a veggie burger with a side salad and Grayson went for a butternut squash pasta dish.

Grayson POV:
I was relieved to finally be sitting down and eating something. We had been walking outside for hours and I was almost at the point of not feeling hungry from hunger pains. I realized we had never eaten lunch, and both of us were ravenous. The waiter came back to check in on us and we ordered three more sides dishes to split. By the end of the meal we could barely finish the extra fried, Brussels sprouts and corn bread that came halfway through devouring our main courses. We walked out of the restaurant feeling bloated but satisfied, and made the walk back to the hotel, navigating the streets as thick snow blanketed the sidewalks and roads.
I checked my watch and saw that we had casually walked 7 miles today. Not exactly taking it easy, I thought to myself. We soon got ready for bed, but I could feel a headache coming on so I popped a few Advil and filled up my water bottle before taking a large sip of it.
"Night E"
"Night Gray"
"Wake up when we wake up tomorrow?"
"Sounds good to me"
And soon, the lights were out.

Two hours later, Grayson woke up feeling out of breath, confused and sweaty. He shifted in bed to drink some water and breathed deeply, and listened to Ethan breathing rhythmically. His head definitely hurt, and his stomach didn't feel great either. It must be the altitude, he thought. He never handled adjusting to altitude well, and usually ended up with a bout of altitude sickness on the first or second day of their trips up to the high country in the past. But this year he had started hydrating well in advance and really was hoping to avoid the awful, headachy nauseous dizzy feeling that accompanies altitude sickness.
He managed to will himself back to sleep, but just 45 minutes later he was up with a jolt. His stomach was clenched painfully and he felt even worse than before. Quickly and quietly he locked himself in the bathroom, turning on the fan in an attempt to dampen any unpleasant sounds that would be coming out of him. He immediately started to heave over the toilet and got the seat up just in time to shower the contents of his stomach into the bowl. He coughed, sputtering, trying to be quiet but instead began to violently heave and projectile vomit. When his nausea finally passed he was left gasping for breath, an acrid taste in his mouth. He flushed the contents and rinsed his mouth out before sneaking out of the bathroom and stealthily getting into bed. By the grace of god Ethan was still asleep, totally oblivious to my miserable circumstances. After 30 minutes of tossing and turning, I could feel the nausea coming back with a vengeance. I grabbed a pillow, blanket and my water bottle and made my way back to the bathroom. I sat down in front of the toilet, my head spinning and pounding. I held my aching head in my hands before finally giving in and heaving up more food from dinner. For the next hour I was in the bathroom battling nausea and giving in, until finally after a particularly painful session I heard a voice and a knock at the door.
"Grayson are you ok in there bud" Ethan asked, the concern in his voice evident.
I grunted in response. "Can I come in?" He asked. "I kind of just want to be alone right now, E. I don't want you to see me like this". 
"Oh, come on Grayson. I've seen you in worse states before now open up" he answered firmly.
I crawled over to the door, unlocking it. Ethan opened the door and sighed "Aw, Grayson" when he saw me curling back up on the bathroom floor.
"What time is it?" I croaked. "Only 1am. I just woke up a few minutes ago, how long have you been holed up in here??" 
"Oh, I don't know. I think I've finally thrown up everything from dinner though" I grimaced.
"Do you are want to stay in here? I'm sure we can get you comfortable in bed with a trash can."
I considered this for a second but didn't want to risk spewing my guts all over the room. I shook my head no.
"Ok well can I get you anything? We could get the duvet at least to make a makeshift bed or something" he offered. 
"Actually, that might be really nice, thank you E." Ethan helped set him up more comfortably in the bathroom, making sure he had a full water bottle a damp wash cloth.
"Un, Gray, I know this isn't a good time but I really need to take a leak. Do you mind?" He asked kind of sheepishly.
I chuckled lightly, and told him to go for it. Once Ethan had washed his hands he asked me again if I needed anything or felt like I was going to be sick anytime soon.
"I still feel pretty awful but I think I can manage. Thanks for all the help E"
"Of course. Wake me up again if you need to or want any company."

The end. Maybe a pt 2 coming!