4. No More Children

*Author's Note* I hope you guys are enjoying this so far! I just wanted to explain some things first. So at the end of season 4 they showed a little snippet of season5, and the dialogue used in that snippet was used in the previous 3 chapters. So the dialogue and most of the actions are from the season 5 snippet. Just to clear that up bc that is not the dialogue I wrote, that was written by the 100 cw writers. Everything from now on will be my own dialogue. I have watched many interviews from the cast and the writer, Jason, and have used as many details I could to make this as much like the show. xoxo

"Heda!" My subjects bow before me. "There has been another disturbance in the engine room," Indra tells me. She leans in a bit closer so that the two others behind her cannot hear what she tells me. "Octavia if you don't get a handle on these disturbances I fear there will be more trouble." I nod. "Take me to the perpetrators," I command.

We walk down what seems like an endless hallway, and numerous amounts of stairs. When we finally reach the engine room I see the problem. A body from the clan Delfikru. I examine the body more. Jackson is already on scene also examining the body. "Jackson?" A question that he answers. "Looks like he was killed by the force of a wrench or a tool that hit him in the head. I already checked his pulse and that confirmed the death." I turn back to Indra. "Do you know who did this?" "Yes. She was from Trishana Kru." "Where is she?" I ask. "In the holding cells."

*********************FLASHBACk***********************

"Octavia, if the births keep going up, at this rate there wi--," Abby starts. I hold up a hand signaling for her to be quiet. "I know what the births mean Abby. Less food, and less water. But I cannot do what Jaha did to my mother. I refuse to do that to anyone." Abby looks down, and that's when Kane steps in. "O, you know" "No one calls me 'O' Kane. Not even you. That right is reserved for Octavia. I am your Heda, and I expect to be addressed as one." "My apologies, Heda. But you know that if we do not stop this birth rate then we will run out of resources for those who actually follow the rules. You need to make an announcement, enforce a new rule, something!" I ponder on this thought. "Ida and Berktru, please take Abby and Kane back to their posts,"I tell them in Trigedasleng.  Kane and Abby both look at me with stern and shocked faces. I turn and look at the computer in front of me. At least Jaha built new tech with some other engineer apprentices while he was still alive.I glance to the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. "Year 2156, December 30." Only two days until a new year. Then three more years to go until we're out of this hellhole.

I step out of my office and into the grand room. In the midst of my presence everyone bows to me, then returns to whatever they were doing. I glance to Ida, who is my guard and nod at her. This nod could mean plenty of things, but she understands. She unstraps the horn on her belt and blows into it. That signals that there is an important announcement. I start my impromptu speech.

"Hello, and welcome to another day in this 'kingdom' of ours. I've admired how far we've all come in setting aside our differences of our clans and accepting Wonkru. I am very pleased with your maturity, along with your adaption to Trigedasleng language, Skaikru. However, there are some occasional disturbances that do not make me happy. And we all know what happens to those who break the rules in here." I notice many people tense up, along with some tears being shed. "There has also been talk about illegal births that have been happening. Now I understand, many of you want to start families. However, would you want your child growing up down here?" Many shake their heads. "Exactly. After tomorrow we only have three more years. Three more years until we can go outside! Now if you could just wait three more years that would be exceptional, if not be prepared to face the consequences. Ida! Berktru!" I holler for. "Get all of your defense team ready. There will be a mandatory search right now for any newborn children, do I make myself clear?" "Yes Heda," They respond.

A loud whisper has fallen into the crowd, and one speaks out. "You're stopping us from having children? What kind of ruling is this?!" He lunges for me but I pull out my sword just in time and slide the sword right between his eyes. "This ruling is the ruling that will keep us alive and allow us to prosper when our time on the ground comes. Would anyone else like to stand up to me and my ways?" Everyone is silent. "Indra! Take this body away."