12. Who Are They?

Robert immediatly went to his hypersleep chamber and pressed a few buttons until he finally found what he wanted. He aggresively snached what looked liked an interactive tablet (lol this an ipad but Clarke has never had an iPad). There he frantically began pressing buttons on the screen, until he found a PDF file containing all of his information. His eyes opened wide.

"Well," I start. "What does it say?"

"Nothing."

"I'm sure it's not nothing, it must be something," Zeke says.

Robert threw the interactive tablet to the ground, smashing it to pieces.

"Cool it Robert!" Zeke yelled.

"Ya man what's your problem?" Charmaine asked.
Charmaine walked over to her Hypersleep chamber and got her interactive tablet out. She took it near Zeke and I.
******************
Name- Charmaine Diyoza
Age- 41 years
Birthdate- August 11, 1976
Sex- female
Crime- multiple robberies, assault and battery, arson
Prison dates- April 1999-September 2017
********************
Wow. It was a lot to take in. But I know the 100 of us have done much worse than she has. We've been forgiven by our people, and petty crimes don't matter on the ground. Nothing matters.

"I remember!" Charmaine exclaims.
"I remember! It was a rainy day in the summer, I remember because the doctor said 'What a gloomy day for such good times', or something along the lines of that. The last thing I remember is being injected with deep purple bone marrow, followed by an injection consisting of light-blue liquid. Now I'm here."

Zeke basically runs towards his Hypersleep chamber. He pulls up the PDF on his interactive tablet and shows it to us.
********************
Name- Zeke Shaw
Age- 28
Birthdate- November 13, 1989
Sex- Male
Crime- Murder, identity theft, bankruptcy fraud, multiple robberies.
Prison dates- January 2004-2017
*********************
What's a bankruptcy? I've never heard of that, maybe I have in Human Resources, but the memory is very distant. His crimes, although more serious, do not matter.

"What did your tech thingy say Robert?" Madi asked. She was listening in as well.

"Shut up you dirtbag." Robert responds.

"Excuse me, but she did nothing wrong. Who do you think you are calling her a dirtbag?" I say, sass is the only sound coming out of my mouth.

"Whatever, it's not important. What is important, is surviving." He says.

I roll my eyes. "Madi and I have been surviving for a long time, I think you'll be safe with us." I say.
"I just have one question? Can you describe the person who injected you with the bone marrow looked like?"

"Well—" Zeke and Charmaine start at the same time. Zeke nods at Charmaine, signaling she can speak.

"Dark brown hair pulled into a pony tail, very red lips, glasses, maybe? She had brown eyes and a white lab coat on. " Charmaine finishes.

Zeke and Robert both nod in agreement.

"Becca. Her name wasBecca. She invented 'nightblood', the dark bone marrow that was injected to you. Nightblood protects you from high levels of radiation, and that's how Madi and I survived." I say.

"How do you guys have the blood of Becca died a long time ago?" Zeke asked.

"My friend basically had A.L.I.E., an AI Becca invented, in her brain. She and my mom figured out, together, how to make nightblood. They did it to try and save the human race."

"Where are they now?" Robert finally speaks up.

"Long story." Madi and I say in unison.

Charmaine leans against her Hypersleep chamber. "We got time." She says matter-of-factly.

Madi looks at me. I shake my head, letting her tell the story she told me a few nights ago.

"Once upon a time, there was a castle in the sky..." Madi tells them the whole story. Sometimes they needed clarification on who the "bad children" or the "scary monster". I went more into detail to tell them about those things since their titles in the story were very vague.

"So you survived because you had nightblood?" Charmaine asks.

"Yes," I clarify.

"What about Madi?" Robert asks.

"What about me?" Madi speaks for herself.

"Well, Clarke found you only a year after Praimfaya happened. But Clarke said all the other nightbloods were killed in the conclave, so what's your story? How do you have nightblood, and why didn't you take up your 'birthright to fight for the throne'?" Robert asks.

Madi looks at me again, looking for approval to tell her story.

"Go ahead," I encourage.