25. A Couple Of Besties

By the time tomorrow morning came, almost everyone was up. Everyone except for Bellamy.

Robert and Vinson never came back.

Catching up, I told the gang about everything that happened. Explained my life and how I'm here, Madi's life and how she's here, and how the Eligius ship and it's inhabitants came down from space.

It was a lot for them to take in, but I couldn't help but be happy because I was back with my friends. I was just disappointed that Bellamy couldn't be here for us.

Yesterday, Raven and Charmaine had made acquaintances with each other and talked about nightblood and Hypersleep. Raven was fascinated.

Monty and Murphy made friends with Zeke, and yesterday they snooped around the ship until they found a hospital wing. Ever since the habitants of the Eligius ship came down from space, they had little to no time to explore. But with Monty, Murphy, and Zeke, they found the hospital, showers, extra rooms, and a kitchen filled with nonperishables. It was a dream come true.

So once they found the hospital, I had Echo help me move Bellamy to it.

"So," I say.

"So," she replies back. "I thought you were dead."

"I thought I would be too after what happened with Praimfaya," I tell her.

"Bellamy felt so guilty, he'll be so excited to see you."

"Guilty?" I ask.

"He said it was all his fault that you weren't up there with us. He felt he was the only one responsible for leaving you on the ground. You should've seen him, Clarke. He found an endless supply of whiskey bottles in the Chancellor's office and drank until he forgot. It was ten-times worse when he found your old prison cell. He broke down because he saw all of your drawings and it reminded him of you. You guys must have been one hell of a pair of best friends."

I felt my cheeks get hot. He missed me that much? "Best of friends," I laugh. "Now I'm afraid I might lose him."

"Me too," Echo replies.

I follow her feet as she walks over towards Bellamy's hospital bed.

I should probably get an IV hooked up to him so his body is still getting enough fluids. I search around for an IV bag, and once I do I stick the needle in Bellamy's forearm and watch the bag drip.

"Will that help him?" Echo asked. "I saw Raven using one of those during her leg surgery, but I thought that was to numb the pain."

"No, they're meant to deliver fluids to the body." I explain.

"Okay," she says. "I'll leave you some alone time with him," she says respectfully. Once I was fully aware that Echo has left, I broke down.

"Bell," I choked through sobs. "Bellamy I can't do this without you. The only reason I kept fighting for all of those six years was in hopes that you'd come down. Now you have, and you're going to die anyway."

I force a laugh at the irony.

"You can't die. Not now, not ever. Octavia still needs to see you. I haven't seen her yet, and she'd hate to come out of that god forsaken bunker without her brother by her side. She needs you, Bell. I need you. Don't give up."

Sobs keep coming. Tears multiply. 2, 4, 6, 8, I've lost track. I lay my head on his chest.

"I love you, Bell," I say as I squeeze his hand.

You can imagine how fast my heart had beaten when I feel his hand squeeze back.