One Shot

On our way back, one female prisoner lashed out at me and I saw Undyne at work. She viciously pummeled the girl to the point of broken bones. I thought it was a little overboard but I knew Undyne was trying to send a message: Stay away from her. After all, Undyne still needed me to get the key.

I liked Undyne and Alphys. I really did, but I didn't know what would happen after I got that key. Would I become nothing or did Undyne really want to keep me around?

I didn't have much time to think about it because the next day a guard came to take me to the warden's again. He was different from the last guard, rougher, impatient. He shoved me around, several times pushing me to the floor. I frowned unhappily but didn't say anything. The last time he pushed me to the floor, my wrist bent backward, straining it.

I wondered how I was going to pickpocket the key with my main hand injured.

This time the warden was sitting at his desk, reading my file. If a skeleton could become pale, he would be it. He looked sick as he read, like he might run for the nearest basket and throw up. I didn't blame him. I was there and saw what Chara did. I was sick for days and I still feel like throwing up when I remember.

Forcing himself to look up and meet my eyes, he decided what he was going to do with me. I strained to hold his gaze but I kept wavering. Shame and self-loathing filled me as I recognized my cowardice. I knew it then, I couldn't even look at the warden. There was no way I could stand up to Chara.

I sighed and waited for what the warden had in store for me. I noticed that this time he didn't send the guard out. The warden actually seemed nervous around me. I'm sure Chara would have thought this an advantage and used it to the full but I didn't have the heart (or stomach) for it.

"Well," he coughed, looking queasy. "I can see why you didn't want to tell me before. You're quite a terrible person to do this to someone." His voice was full of repulsion but his face was queasy. "I obviously can't leave you with the medium level criminals. I'll have to move you way up the ranks."

He folded his hands, thinking intently of where to put me. I waited anxiously but the warden didn't say anything. Eventually he stood up and began to pace, muttering to himself. The guard above me looked smug and smirked at me and murmured, "You're in big trouble missy."

I sighed and fought back tears, even more anxious than before. "Defiantly has to stay close to monitor but with who?" Gaster, the warden, muttered.

Suddenly, Gaster's assistant came bursting into the room. She raised her hand to show him and deep but oozing blood and he pulled out his keys and passed them to her. I watched hopelessly as she rushed out of the room with them. I saw a guard run after her and then the room was quiet again.

Then the warden got an idea. I saw a small smile scroll over his skull and then he was back in his seat. He pulled out some paperwork from behind his desk. "We're moving her to Sans's cell." I shifted nervously; I didn't like the way he said it. There was a slight maliciousness in his voice. "That'll do." He rushed through the paperwork and then passed it over to me, cautiously handing me a pen. "Sign here."

I didn't bother to ask why. Scrawling my name out in sloppy handwriting, I timidly passed him back the pen. "Well?" my voice came out meek and small.

"Get her out of my sight," the warden growled. Then the guard was yanking me out of the seat and shoving me out the door. He pushed me to the ground but I didn't care. I trembled slightly as I got back up. My head hung limply as I realized I had lost the key.

I felt all my determination drain out of me as I let the guard shove me to the ground. That is, until I saw the assistant coming our way. She met my eyes and the checked her pocket nervously for key chain. My eyes lit up. I was counting on the guards timing now.

I got lucky; he shoved me right before she reached us. She walked past as I fell and I was able to slip my hand in and out of her pocket. I got up unsteadily, trying to shove the keys into my pocket. Clenching them in my hand to muffle their clinking sound, I felt my determination grow inside me.

I didn't have to walk much longer which was lucky because I thought the guard was getting suspicious. Finally, we made it to Sans's cell. Or should I say G's cell.