G's Plan

G and Gaster teleported the boxes down to Undyne, Alphys, and I. We pushed them to some cells a distance away and covered them with dirty blankets.

We didn't have much hope that it would block somebody from finding it but that wasn't our main concern at the moment.We could work out the kinks later.

G said he needed the overhang to have plenty of space.

When we finished, we traveled further down and hollowed out two supply closets. Everything useful had been emptied out of them and the rest was thrown about the floor, spilling its chemical contents everywhere.

We cleaned them out as best we could and laid some fresher blankets down. It was pathetic compared to the overhang. Undyne grumbled unhappily at the two little spaces we now had to split between three big monsters, a small one, and me.

I squeezed her upper arm softly. Looked down at me, Undyne shrugged and went into the one she would share with Alphys.

Gaster, G, and I went into the other.

It was so small that even though Gaster took the opposite wall, his knees still connected with mine. His faced darkened furiously as my stomach twisted into a knot. G seemed to notice the tension, looking between Gaster and I with an amused expression.

I narrowed my eyes at him but he only smirked and pulled out a cigarette.

"Don't you dare smoke that in here," Gaster snapped, a deeper scowl cut like a gash over his face.

G lit it with a lazy smile. "Why not?" He took a drag, blowing it out towards Gaster, who got a face full.

The fury on his face was enough to keep G from doing it again but not enough to get him to stop smoking altogether.

I sighed. Folding my arms, I sunk down the wall, receding into myself. I could feel G's eyes on me, burning with questions but I was too tired to look back up at him.

Silence lay heavy on us but no one moved to break it. G sprawled out on the ground and smoked. Gaster remained where he was.

After a while I must have fallen asleep because I woke sore and cramped. I felt rested but the empty closet bothered me. The faint smell of smoke and the ratty blankets were the only companions I had in this room.

Stepping out into the hall, I found no one there either. There was something heavy and still about the air. I knocked on Undyne's door. Alphys opened it, her yellow skin a little less bright than normal.

"Where is everyone?" my voice soft, as if to not wake a sleeping baby.

Alphys dodged the question. "D...did y..you sle..ep well?"

"Alphys," I said sternly.

She blushed, a light pink spread across her face. "I....I d..don't know w..where t..they w..went. Th...they s...said t...t...to," she began to stutter so hard that not a single word was understandable.

Fearing she would have an attack I said, "Alphys, Alphys. It's okay. I'll just ask G when he comes back." She folded her hands nervously. I cocked my head. "Until then, can I sit with you?"

She nodded nervously. I thought about trying to pry some information out of her but she seemed so fragile.

Sitting across from Alphys, a curious thought struck me. "Alphys," she refused to look at me. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to," I told her softly. She raised her chin some. "How did you get in here?"

"Th...this closet?" she joked, a small blush following across her cheeks again.

I giggled but became serious again. "No, the prison." I looked at her earnestly, wondering if she would answer me.