No Help Here

"What do you mean revolt? What about the guards and the warden?"

"What about 'em?" He grabbed the cell bars and gave them a little shake.

"Where are they?"

He shrugged and shook the bars again.

"So what's going to happen to us?" That was the most pressing question. We could die in here, from thirst most likely.

G didn't answer me. He let go of the bars and stepped back. He tested his weight against the cell door's lock. "Pathetic," he chuckled. G's eyes glowed brightly. One sharp kick and explosion of light later, the door lay bent and charred against the wall.

"Let's move Dove. Somebody will have heard us." G was already moving down the hall. I sat, stunned for a minute before I realized how far G was getting away.

I could have easily run away from G, down the hall but I didn't. I felt the temptation, I really did but I knew if G was expecting me to follow he might go after me if I didn't.

I turned and ran after him, stopping several feet away.

"Took you long enough," G snapped.

"Where are we going?"

G didn't answer. He strode ahead of me quickly, taking quick, long steps. I practically had to run to keep up with him. We walked down the empty hall. The red light was still flashing but we hadn't heard sound in this hall for a while now. It was eerily quiet. Our steps echoed through the hall, bouncing off the flashing red walls.

Some of the cell doors were busted open. Many others were on the floor, blasted right off. I shivered as I stepped around a puddle of blood.

G slowed down as we reached the end of the hall. There was a water fountain there when I remembered my dry throat. G let me go first. Gratefully, I drank fully before letting him in. Water flushed out the dusty taste in my mouth.

G finished drinking and we were about to move around the corner when we heard the sound of someone tripping over a cell door. I jumped nervously. G stood taller, tense. His eyes glowed again. I nervously stepped behind the water fountain.

"Stay there," G hissed. An orange flame engulfed G's hand. I stared at it, terrified. G disappeared right in front of my eyes. I felt my heart in my throat. The sound of a fist crackled in the empty air, followed by the echoing of somebody howling in pain. "Shut up," G yelled. The howl stopped but there was another crack, like someone being thrown in to the wall.

I wanted to run but the sound would only draw attention. I shrunk behind the fountain for protection incase G and whoever he was fighting came around the corner.

Something slammed full force into the fountain and sent it flying over me. The metal nick my head as it passed but I didn't feel it. I jumped to my feet. G was standing over the body of the alligator monster Undyne had me pick the pocket of.

Water sprayed out from where the fountain was once attached to the wall. Blood mixed with the water, spreading from across the floor. Shaking, I edged around the alligator man towards G.

"Is he dead?" I whispered.

G kick the guy and a let out a soft moan. G bent down and grabbed him by the throat. He lifted him up and held him over the spraying water. "Wake up," he growled.

The alligator man took in a sputtering breath and began to choke. '

"Lemme go," he sputtered.

G dropped him and pressed a foot to his throat. "Who are you?"

"Jackson," he coughed, "J.J. Jackson."

"Well, J.J., do ya mind telling me what's goin' on?"

"What?" he coughed.

G growled and pressed harder on his throat. "The prison dumba**. What's happen' in the prison?"

"We...we..." he wheezed. G eased up, "We took the prison. Killed the guards."

"Warden too?" G clenched his fist.

"No," he began coughing. "Lost him."

"Who's in charge?"

The alligator said nothing.

G pulled him up again. I saw the fury in his eyes and stepped back, almost into the cell behind me. G thrust the monster into the water stream again, holding him so that all he could inhale was water. The monster flailed but G held him down easily.

"Okay, okay," he gurgled.

G pulled him up, ready to put him back in if he didn't answer. "Who. Is. In. Charge?"

"Don Stefano."

"The mob boss who shot up that mall last year?" I blurted.

G looked at me. "The one and only."

"He has an order out for you G. You and the girl. He wants you dead or alive. He said everyone else could have the girl." I drew subconsciously behind the cell bars. Shaking and wet, I waited for G to react. He didn't.

"You should ditch the girl and escape," the alligator man said, suddenly helpful.

"Shut up!" G snapped furiously.

Fear spread across the alligator's distorted features. G suddenly threw him into the wall and began to punch him. I wanted to stop him but didn't dare get in the way. The alligator began to bleed. I sobbed, falling to my knees.

Suddenly I saw something. "G!" I yelled. He spun around and looked where I was pointing. Shadows were growing on the wall as a group drew closer.

He cursed and grabbed my hand. I saw the orange light glow again and then we were somewhere else.I felt sick.

"Frisk," G said, "You're bleeding."

I looked up at him and saw a crack in his skull, leaking dark red liquid. "So are you."