Dust Redeemed

"We can't go back," a familiar voice hissed.

"What about them?" a more commanding voice demanded.

"What about them?"

G tugged me behind him. Nervously, I held onto his shoulder peaking around him. There was nothing. The prison cells and halls were hollow, devoid of any other life,  yet the eerie voices had to originate from somewhere. Somewhere close.

"They're probably dead," he continued.

"Your own son? Really?"

They were speaking low, their voices an unrecognizable hiss.

G's bones tightened under my grasp and a glimmer of amber flickered in one socket.

I didn't dare ask. The voices were so close, I felt like I was walking right over them.

"We have to try!"

"We have to go? Do you want your friend to die? Because that's what will happen if we try," one voice mocked the other.

"That's just it. I don't want any of them to die! Except maybe you," the other snarled, "I'd be fine with that."

Anger seeped through the concrete.

G's hand moved up to mine, gently removing it from his shoulder. I let it fall to my side. The anger was coming from him.

He turned to me, a small flame in his eye, and cupped my cheek. "Stay," he ordered.

I nibbled on my lip nervously as the flame intensified. "Okay." He let go of me.

I watched him slip around the corner, my vision of him weaved with metal bars. I waited nervously as he got further and further down the hall. As soon as he was out of sight, I hid in the shadow of a dark cell, sitting on the bunk.

My muscles hurt from sitting so tensely but I couldn't release them.

Time seemed to slink away. I waited so far at the edge of the cot that it bit into my skin.

"G where are you?" I whined, watching thin air.

I know he didn't hear me but he answered anyways.

A loud explosion resounded through the halls. A dark body surrounded in yellow light flew back.

I bolted from the cell, headed that way.

His magic came into view before he did. Surrounded by an armada of floating bones and amber fire, he marched towards whomever he'd thrown. His eyes alight with the thrill of a promised kill.

I winced, looking away. I'd seen enough of that look in Chara's eyes. I didn't need to see G's hate to.

"F-Frisk," a stuttering voice call. I looked up, careful not to glance at G's receding back.

What I saw almost caused me to fall over. In frozen shock, I stared with a gaping mouth.

"Hey punk," her familiar smirk lit up her eyes. I forgot about G.

"Undyne," I screeched, jumping over a cast away cell door, I collided into the blue monster. Unaware of my tears, I wrapped her in a lung crushing hug. "B-but, I saw you die," I cried into her tank.

She hugged me back, swinging me through the air. "It takes more than a pathetic punk with a knife to kill me."

I smiled through the tears, wiping them away.

I became aware of Alphys smiling up at me. I knelt down to deal her out a hug to. "I'm so glad you're okay," I whispered. Unabashedly, she hugged me back.

"M-me to."

"Who is G fighting?" I asked, remembering a body being thrown.

"Gaster. G said he tried to kill ya," she looked at me questioningly and then angrily when I nodded in conformation. "That little..." she trailed off as Gaster flew by again.

He crashed into the wall. I watched black ooze drip from his skull. G teleported in front of him, catching him by the neck before he could slide to the floor.

"I'm going to snap your spine Gaster."

I made a move to get up but Undyne caught me by the shoulder, her sharp nails digging in.

G pulled him back and slammed Gaster's skull into the wall. I cried, looking away. I could block out the sight but not the sound. Splintering bones and anguish rang in my ears.

"Undyne," I tugged at her hand. "We need him alive."

"G won't stop," she warned.

"He has to," I whined pitifully.

"He doesn't care. Gaster crossed a line Frisk. He's losing more than an eye today," she murmured mournfully, her other hand flitting to her eye patch. She and Alphys watched the scene, anger from Undyne and concern from Alphys surrounded me.

Finally, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Undyne, you're hurting me!" I complained.

She loosened her hand only slightly but that was all I needed.

I broke away, running at full hilt. Stopping in front of Gaster, I threw my arms out wide, covering him.

G narrowed his eyes at me furiously. "Move Frisk," he commanded.

"No."

He growled gutturally.

"We need him G."

"Don't make me move you."

"If you kill him you'll stay here forever," I warned. Gaster shifted behind me and G sent a bone through his leg, pinning him into the concrete.

"I can take it," he said calmly but I could see it in his eyes that he was really losing his cool with me. I tried not to shake.

"I can't," I whispered, my voice cracking.

"Move."

"If you kill him, I won't tell Mullins the truth," I said desperately. This stuck with him, his fire dimming.

"Don't you dare," he hissed, stepping over me. His dark eyes bled into mine but I held them, too determined to back down.

"I mean it G."

"Frisk," he growled angrily. I said nothing, letting him pour his anger out against me.

"You don't have to be nice. We could tie him up," Undyne suggested weakly. G never looked away from me, his sockets narrowed to nothing but furious slits.

"Do it now," he snapped. He turned away coldly.

Undyne and Alphys hurried to Gaster as soon as G stepped away. We all watched him nervously until he teleported away.

I sighed, trying not to cry. From relief or pain, I didn't know.

"W-wow." Alphys looked up at me strangely.

"What?"

"No one's stood up to G and lived," Undyne looked at me admiringly. "What did you do to him?"

I was too upset to let this register. I stared at the space where G previously stood and shuddered.

He'd never hurt you, I reminded myself.