End This

I woke up and G was gone. "Not again," I moaned. Shivering, alone, and cold, I pulled up the thin blanket and looked around.

I wasn't truly alone. Gaster was there, tied to his chair, glaring at me with eyes that screamed for blood.

I shivered fearfully and pulled the blanket tighter around me like I was a child and it could protect me from the hideous monster under my bed.

But what I actually needed was another monster. "Stop staring at her," G commanded as he strutted into the cell. He shocked me by teleporting right besides me and passed me a hot Styrofoam cup of coffee. "I mean it," he leaned over, meeting Gaster's look with one equally bloody.

My mouth twitched, expressing my distaste, but I let it go. This was just how he was.

"Thank you," I said softly before blowing on the coffee, evaporating the hot steam.

"Are we good?" he murmured in my ear.

I paused realizing no one had apologized. But the emotions I felt yesterday were gone so I leaned over and kissed his cheek before saying, "We're good."

There was something tight in the way G sat next to me. His set jaw was clamped down harshly and his shoulders were working their way into his neck bones.

"G," I asked, brushing my fingers against his wrist. He turned and looked at me, his face softening.

"Yeah?"

"What's wrong?"

He sighed. "Let's take a walk," he said, hopping off the bunk. He picked me up by the waist and set me down on the ground. I wrapped my arm around his as we walked out of the cell and down the hall.

Once we were a fair distance away from Gaster, he solemnly said, "We're getting out today."

"How?"

"It'll be bloody this time. Very bloody."

"You never told me what happened..."

"There's something we didn't know," he said vaguely. I listened keenly. "There's two doors. The welded one I can blast open but the other...it's resistant to magic."

I nodded. "Okay, so how do we get it open?" I asked quietly.

He tensed up, his fingers gripping my hand so tight I felt like I had stuck my hand in cement and it had dried. "There's a guard tower. Inside are the controls. We passed it once..." I bit my lip thoughtfully, wondering who would have to go there. "I have the schematics," he murmured.

"How did you...is that what we got out of the safe?"

He nodded, still so tense I thought his bones would break.

"So who's...." I started to ask but stopped when I looked up at G's face. I've seen hatred, disgust, anger, sadness, and love in him before but never, ever have I seen such fear, not in anyone.

"Me." He nodded miserably. I squeezed his stiff, cold hand. "Show me the schematics," I said, trying to project as much confidence as possible.

"You don't have..."

I put a hand up, moving him to silence. "I do. Show me."

He sighed and let go my hand. I breathed a silent sigh of relief as blood flowed back into the strangled limb. I sat down beside him and he pulled out a blue print of the prison and a sketch of the control room.

"So this is how you know your way around," I said with a mischievous smile. He shrugged, panic and fear still wild in his eyes.

"I don't like this he whispered," looking down at the papers.