Chapter Four

Chapter four: the dark room session

I play with the shell necklace that James got me. It was the only piece of my old clothing that I kept on. Twisting it around my finer I wonder if I would ever get out of here. And if I did where would I go? My parents probably haven't even noticed I've gone and James... I don't even really know him, do I. I feel a small pain in my chest that I've never felt before. I know that although I love him he might not feel the same way about me. If he can't tell me who he really is so how can he even care about me?
I hear a knock on the door and two large men enter the room as I stand up with shaky knees. They walk closer to me and one ties a rope around my hands behind my back. They escort me out the white room and into another room that is very dark.
"It's time for the dark room session." one of the men says. The walls look like they were once white but are covered with stains of some sort of rusted material on them. There isn't much light in the room except on a single silver table in the center of the room. A man with a camera at his side walks behind us and next to him is another man with a stern look on his face and they stop in from of the table but I am pushed to continue.
The men that escorted me pick me up and I try to get away from them but they still lift me on to the table without an inch of difficulty.
"Hey! Let go of me!" I yell at them but they continue to strap me onto the table. I try to kick them off me but they strap my legs onto the table too. The man next to the camera guy puts his hand up as I struggle to get them off me but they do so right when he moves. "What is going on!?" I shout as the table starts to move tilting my body as if I was standing.
"Hello Caroline." The man who put his hand up says as he puts his hand back down. "You can call me Mr. Blight. I've heard from my friend Mrs. Cane that you don't know where James is, is that correct?"
"Yes." I say with my voice cracking at the end. I tell myself that I have to be strong and act like I'm not afraid.
"You see Caroline I don't believe you." He says walking around the table. "I think that you do know where he is but you won't tell us because he told you not to. And if you don't tell us then I guess we will have to bring him to us, and I think I know how to get his attention." he says smirking at me then he nods at the camera man.
The camera man then lifts the camera and as if on cue the red light on the camera lights up. I look into the camera scared and I know that something bad was coming. otherwise why would they film me.
"Last chance dear, where is he?!" he demands and when I don't answer he says. "Alright darling at least put on a good show." I look back at him and he backs away out of the light as one of the large men who escorted me steps forward holding something. It's skinny and long but I don't know what it is. he pulls it back behind him and it comes flying back at me towards my face. I close my eyes and turn to face the side wall as I feel a quick sting on my cheek and neck that turns into a burning sensation. I scream at the top of my lungs and my entire body tightens. My eyes water as another sting lands on my thigh. The screams and tears are unstoppable now as the lashes continue.
The lashes stop and then he says something again. "Now do you want to tell me where he is?"
"I said I don't know!" I sob.
"A pity. I'll come back tomorrow and see if your answer changes. In the mean time I'll have Barton continue the session with you." he turns to Barton. "Try some thing even more painful and maybe she'll fess up." I freeze. He laughs and he leaves the room. Then it's just me and Barton and the camera guy.
Barton unlocks the ropes holding me on the table and I fall to the ground. I sit there lifeless on the ground until I hear him say. "Get up and fight!" I stand up as he lifts his fists up to his face. He punches me hard in the face and on my side and I fall to the ground both times. He then laughs and picks up the whip again and swings it t my back. I scream and fall again. Another lash and scream and now I feel a cool liquid flow down my back. He moves forward and kicks me in the side of the leg then in the stomach. I can't breath very well and I hear ringing in my ears as another quick stinging sensation grows across my back and arm. I scream so loud a swear that China can hear it. As tears flow down my face my vision goes black. Again.