Chapter Fourteen

Chapter fourteen: 1926

It's twelve minutes until eight and I get a text from my parents.

Mom: hey honey it's ur mom. I get u want to spend time with your friends but if u r going to be sleeping over for over a week u need to tell us. We have another business meeting in Florida and we need u to figure out a way to get there. we will be there in two days so please b there.

Me: ok I'll b there where do u want to meet me?

Mom: 1926 Prescott Lane Orlando Florida
And look nice!

Me: ok

I love how my parents just now realized I'm gone when they need me to be somewhere for their precious work. I don't even know what they do. They never talk to me about anything. Audrey and Michaela's parents have always taken care of me. My parents are all about business and what works around their schedule. I've been to that house so many times I swear I could walk around that house blindfolded.
I say house, more like mansion! At least there is a really nice girl who lives there that is my age. She's super sweet. I'll at least have someone to talk to, but first I need to figure out what James is up to.
I walk out of my room and find Michaela and Audrey waiting for me. I look at a clock on the wall. Eight. They are always punctual. I shut my door quietly and turn towards them.
"Okay, so the office is downstairs. It blends in with the white walls but it's in the hallway that leads to the kitchen. Michaela, I'll need you to figure out how to find him using the computer. There has to be something on there."
"I'll be outside waiting for directions with the car." Audrey pipes in as we all nod in agreement of the plan. "How much time will you need?" She asks Michaela.
"Hmmm... Thirty minutes at the most so I'll say we'll meet you at the front at eight thirty?" Michaela replies.
"Sounds good to me. I'll see you guys then!" Audrey says then heads towards the staircase.
I look at Michaela and give her a quick smile before heading towards the stairs as well. The two of us enter the office and she rushes to the computer.
"You know the password?" She asks as I walk up behind her.
"Yeah," I reply, "me." I say and she looks at me and smirks before turning back around and typing my name in the password blank. I blush and focus again. The screen lights up and the picture of James an I at the beach pops up on the screen. I miss him so much. I can't imagine what he must be going through right now. I hope it's not painful, I can't even think about him having to go through what I did when they captured me. I shudder at the though of the dark room I was in and I feel the cuts on my back reopen as if I was being tortured again.
Michaela has a page open on the screen of his messages. As she scrolls down I see a message from Zelton and I freeze. Michaela notices my sudden movement and sees what I see and clicks on the message. It says...

James,
Nineteen twenty six, you know what to do.
-Z

"Nineteen twenty six? What I that?" Michaela asks facing me now. I stare at the computer screen trying to figure out what it could be. A code, latitude, longitude lines, an address.
I look at my phone and I freeze again as my eyes go wide. Oh my gosh! 1926 Prescott Lane!
I look up at Michaela. "I know where to go."
Michaela quickly shuts off the computer and follows me out the door. I look at the clock and it's eight twenty nine. A loud car engine rumbles outside and we see a car's headlights coming from the front window when lights from the kitchen turn on. Michaela an I share a nervous I look and run towards the front door. I open the door and hear loud footsteps coming from the kitchen. I follow Michaela out the door and into the back of the beautiful red car Audrey must have found in the garage. I'm really bad with types of cars but I had a feeling this was a fast one.
The door swings open as Audrey hits the gas and James' dad runs after us screaming, "Wait ! You can't go!"
We turn onto the street and then I can't see or hear him anymore.
"So where to?" Audrey asks cheerfully.
"Nineteen twenty six, Prescott Lane." I reply as she types it into the built in Garmin.
We drive down two blocks before Audrey breaks the silence. "So how did I do picking out the car?" Audrey asks.
"Awesome!" Michaela and I say together.
"You wouldn't believe the choices I had. I thought a corvette would be perfect for what we were looking for." Audrey says excitedly. "They had seven cars!"
"Seven!" I say in disbelief.
"Wow!" Michaela says wide eyed.
"I know I was in car heaven." Audrey says thinking about the amazing cars she saw. Michaela and Audrey continue in their conversation and I drift off in my own world before I fall asleep in the back seat.

Sorry I haven't written in awhile but I've been at a family reunion in Colorado and I'm about to go to Europe soon. I haven't really had a lot of time to write. I hope you like this next part of my book. Love ya!
-Sarah