Chapter Seven

Chapter seven: Intruder

I wake up to find myself chained to the ground and covered in dried blood. Again. I'm still in the dark room but I don't see anyone in here. I lean up against the wall behind me and let out the tears I've been keeping inside for what feels like forever when in reality it's been...
I don't even know how long it's been since I was safe at home. I haven't eaten much since I've been here so I've probably lost a few pounds. Everything is so messed up. I cry until no more tears come out of my eyes and then I just stare at the ground for about an hour before I hear commotion outside the door.
I hear a woman screaming and heels clicking across the floor as fast as they can. A big boom comes from down the hall and then the alarm goes off. A flashing red light comes on near the entrance of the room and the noise bursts through a horn under the light. I cover my ears and close my eyes and I hear a girl screaming. She is near by. I open my eyes but I don't see anybody anywhere. Then I realize it's me. Im screaming and I can't stop. My body is shaking and I try to take off the chains but I can't.
"WHERE IS SHE!!!!" A voice yells loudly but I can barely hear it through the large door holding me in. "I said, WHERE IS SHE!!!!!!!" the man yells again. A small voice answers but I can't hear what it said.
Suddenly the door begins to unlock and I stop screaming. I try to say something but I can't form words anymore. I try to scream again but nothing comes out. I close my eyes as the door opens and someone comes running in towards me.
"Caroline!" A gentle voice calls out. I recognize it! I must know this person. He crouches down to me and puts his hand on my shoulder. Opening my eyes I see James sitting next to me with a worried look on his face. "Are you okay?!"he asks but I'm too shocked to reply. He takes out a key and unlocks the chains around my wrists. He puts his hands on my back and my shoulder to help me up. I wince and he bites his lip as if he understands my pain. I look at him and he lifts me up. Wrapping me in his arms he cradles me and says, "It's alright. You're safe now."
He lifts up my chin so our eyes meet. He then softly kisses me on the lips as two figures enter the room. We turn to face them Standing by the door are the two large men who escorted me here from the white room. Mr. Blight then enters the room with a smug smile in his face.
"Hello James!" he says cheerfully. "What a surprise, but then again we were expecting you." he laughs at his 'joke'.
"What do you want Blight!" James demands holding me tighter and I wince again. By arms and legs sill burn from the sessions.
"We have a job for you. And since you haven't been responding we had to take matters into our own hands." Mr. Blight replies.
"No, I haven't received any messages except the ones of YOU torturing CAROLINE!!!" He yells back.
"Ohhhh I see then. Your father must have been keeping them from you because they've been opened and deleted by the email we have for you."
James' body tenses up next to mine and my grip tightens on his navy t-shirt.
"We'll try a different way of getting my attention next time." James comments.
"Well why not this way?! It's fast, effective, and quite fun!" Mr. Blight retorts.
"Well I deny your request." James says flatly. "So really it wasn't that effective."
"That's the catch, you can't deny it or we will take her back and move her to our new location where you'll never see her again." his smirk widens and James' body tenses even more and his grip on me tightens and I tense up too.
"Fine I'll do it." he says flatly. "On one condition."
"What." Mr. Blight says.
"I get to take Caroline home." he finishes and I look at him. What?
"Deal!" Mr. Blight moves out of the way and James guides me out of the dark room. Everything is brighter and I can barely see. My head is rushing with a million questions but I still can't form words. I just hold onto James and try to ignore the pain all over my body. Once we get to the front door I trip and fall but he catches me. My vision gets fuzzy and I hear ringing in my ears. He lifts me up and carries me out as I rest my head on his shoulder hoping to gain my vision back but it doesn't help and everything goes black.
For the third time.