Chapter Nine

Chapter nine: worth it

James looks at me sadly and says, "It'll be fine. Don't worry about it."
"No! You are not going to work for them!" I exclaim jumping off the bed and walking towards the door. He stands and grabs my shoulder before I grab the handle on the door. I wince and muffle a scream as my shoulder burns. He then let's go of my shoulder immediately once I move. He gives me an apologetic look but I ignore him. I remove my sleeve to find a large gash across my shoulder. It's swollen and it's deeper than the other gashes. He must not have cleaned the gashes under my clothing. A part of me sort of thanks him for not invading my privacy but I wish it wasn't like this in the first place. This is all my fault if I hadn't fallen in love with him then I wouldn't have been there and he wouldn't have to feel guilty and he wouldn't have to work for the people that killed his mother!
"I have to." he states as if it's his only option.
"No." I say flatly.
"What do you want me to do Care?! Just let them torture you?!!!" he asks as if the answer was obvious.
After a long pause I break the silence and say, "yes."
He gives me a confused look and then he starts yelling. "No!!! I am not going to sit here and hide while I know that you're out there being beaten!!!!! I was soooo worried! I'm just glad that you're alive and that Zelton got you and not Exanten!!!"
"What?! What's Zelton and Exanten?!" I ask.
"Zelton is run by Mr.Blight now, and Exanton is run by another person in Russia which if they took you..." he stops and closes his eyes. when he opens them again and tears fill his eyes. "All that matters is that your here and alive right now." He says putting his hands on my arms trying to reassure me but it just makes mad.
"No, don't do that." I say putting m hand up and closing my eyes. He can't tell me that my life is more important than his. I'm a nobody and he is everything to me, I can see him cry and I can't live with knowing that he is doing all these things so I won't get tortured.
"Do what?"
"Do this... pretend like I'm more important to you. These people killed your mom! I'm no letting you go work for them! Especially because of me."
"You're worth it." he says pinning me to the wall and forcing me to again look into his vibrant green eyes. "I would do anything for you because you are everything to me." He smiles sweetly and then kisses me again and I let him. I let him push my worries and troubles away. I let him take me into another world where nothing matters and it's just him and me.
He already has me pinned to the wall but as we kiss he gets even closer so that there isn't any space between us. His bare chest is up against me and his hands on the small of my back. My hands move along his back up to his hair and my finger weave through it again. My heart beat picks up speed and his grip tightens around me but he isn't to rough because he knows it hurts because of my wounds. We move towards the bathroom and stop just before the bed and my back hits the wall. I let go of him and grab my back doing my best to muffle my scream but I know it was loud.
"I have to get these taken care of."
"Do you want me to help?" he asks sweetly.
"Sure." I say smiling back, "Thanks." I walk into the bathroom and he follows me in. He turns around grabs a washcloth from under the sink and I turn the sink on.
"Go ahead and lay back down on your stomach and I'll get the ones on your back first." he says putting the washcloth in the sink to get it wet.
As I walk back into the room I try to lift my shirt to see the gashes on my back but it hurts my arms too much and I wince. "Let me help you." James says running back into the room. "If that's okay?" he asks and I nod as I lay down on the bed with my stomach facing the ground. He slips his fingers under the hem of my shirt and hovers there for a moment before slowly lifting the shirt off my back. Because the shirt is attached some of the dried blood around my wounds the shirt rips off some of the scabs that were covering the gashes. My body tenses and I scream into my pillow. "I'm sorry." he apologizes as he continues to lift the shirt off of my back. He stopped once he got past my bra strap and he takes the wet washcloth and lays it on my back. I let out a huge scream because of the water on my now open wounds stings!
"James." I say clenching my teeth because of the burning sensation in my back.
"Yeah." he replies.
"Thank yo---ahhh!!" it stings.
"Welcome." he says shortly and then he hands me something and says, "Take this, it's like a pain killer" I take it and then my head starts spinning and I drift off to sleep.