11. Happy New Year

Jay

New Years Eve 2015

It was time. 8:30. Time to go.

I got into my Golf. Yes, I had worked every spare second I had on my car and finally got it running two weeks ago.

I was eager to drive it at every opportunity I got, so I'd decided to drive me and Alex into town tonight and I would leave the car there overnight and get a taxi back.

I pulled up at Alex's and made my way inside. I didn't knock as I knew Alex's mum wasn't home.

"Alex" I shouted as I walked in. "I'm here."

I heard a muffled reply coming from upstairs so I headed up there.

"Alex?" I said as I walked in his bedroom. I froze as I saw him stood in the centre of his room wearing just his boxers.

"I'm sorry," he said rushing to his wardrobe, "I'm running a bit behind."

"Th that's fine" I stuttered, relieved that he wasn't looking at me.

I watched, unable to take my eyes of him, while he picked out a shirt to wear. He then picked up his blue jeans, and before I could stop myself, I said, "wear the skinny black ones."

Alex looked at me in surprise.

"What?" I asked trying to look nonchalant, "I'm just being a good wingman. I know what men like" I said with a wink. God what was wrong with me!

"Ok..." Alex said, not looking overly convinced, but putting on his black skinny jeans anyway.

We arrived at the club at around 9:00, and this time we managed to get in without needing ID.

We'd come to a club that was popular with a wide variety of people, gays included, giving us both a chance to score. Or at least that was what we had discussed. But of course I had no intention of either of us picking up anyone else.

My only problem now was making sure he didn't hook up with someone before midnight. That thought made me nervous.

Rob and Beth arrived and came over to say hello. Then Lilly came to join us. I'd bumped into Lilly on many nights out. She was fun and pretty, and nearly became my 'choice' for the night on several occasions, but I'd always stopped at the last minute.

I think it was because I liked her. Not in a 'I want you to be my girlfriend' way, but because I liked her as a friend. Alex had noticed this of course, and always teased me that I liked her more than any other girl, singing "Jay and Lilly sitting in a tree K I S S I N G" in his usual childish way.

I don't know if it was me, but Alex seemed a little put out by the arrival of Lilly, and soon after disappeared onto the dancefloor.

I looked around the club. The room was sort of hexagon shaped and the dance floor was in the centre, slightly sunken into the floor, so we were looking down at everyone dancing. It meant I had a really good view of Alex, wherever he was on the dancefloor.

Not that I was looking! Ha!

Part way through the night, I was chatting to Lilly when she suddenly said, "do you fancy Alex?"

I snapped my eyes back from looking at Alex and stared at Lilly in shock.

"What?" I asked, wondering if I had heard her wrong over the loud music.

She laughed then said, "You heard me right!"

I shrugged. What the hell, I might as well tell someone.