Chapter Four: Big, Bad World

I sat up on the broken bed, holding my heavy head in my hands. Another night of getting totally hammered and I don't even remember one second of it. I smiled to myself.

I looked to my right, spotting a bare back at the corner of my eye. Another one. Another victim. Another girl who fell for... Well, this.

I looked around the room this time. The walls were covered. 'Covered with what, Jason?' you ask. Well. Think about what I am. I kill. And what happeneds when people die, What is shed? Blood. And a lot of it. I licked my lips at the sight of her pale face. Her freckles were barely visible. All because I took the life right out of her. Silly, silly girl. Dumb enough to fall for the monster. The beast. The murderer. The werewolf.

As I picked up my jacket, my eyes caught a glimpse of the girl. Her lifeless body was laying on the bed. Mangled and cold. Her eyes were closed. I smiled one last time at the poor girl, leaning over her head, toward her ear.

"Should have stayed away, Sweetheart." I eclaimed, pushing the strands of hair from her face. I still smiled and moved my mouth away from her ear and toward her cheek. I kissed it quickly. I almost felt sorry for her. She fell for the monster and lost her life because of it. Stupid girl. I shook my head and began to head for the door. Taking one last look at her before I twisted the knob open, heading out into the Big, Bad World. Why was it bad?

Because.

I was living in it.

And nobody can hide from me.

Not even myself.

Not the girl I spent the night with.

Not the guard at the jail that got what she deserved.

And definetly not the girl from the street.

Definetly not her.

What can I say? I get what I want. And I get it when I want it. I want her.

And nothing is going to stop me.

Not time. Not any other people. Not the police. Not her parents. Not anything else in this world. Even if she doesn't want me... I know I want her. And nothing. Nothing would get in my way.

...

I wondered down the streets once more, looking like as if I was a lost puppy. Just waiting for someone to feel sorry or curious enough to take me home. What can I say? I was lost. And I still am. I mean, how can you not get lost in this big, bad world?

I'm the one who makes it bad.