Chapter Twenty-Two

12.31.17
edit: 8.19.20
i don't know their parents names so made up ones whoop here we go. or any family members' names/existence
1,386 words

awsten p.o.v.

i woke up with sunlight shining directly into my eyes. i hissed and drew my blankets closer around me to block it out. i heard someone chuckle and poked an eye out of a little seeing hole.

geoff was laying next to me, smiling. his hair was a mess. i stifled a laugh as i moved it back from his face.

"merry christmas, aws." he said in a raspy voice that made me a mint puddle. "how did you sleep?"

i grinned and kissed him softly, pulling him closer to me. he hummed happily and returned the kiss. daffodils spread their petals across my pale skin. i pulled back from the kiss to touch our fingertips together. i watched in awe as the daffodils spread over his arms.

geoff watched me with a pink-yellow lemonade blush came over his cheeks. "i'll take that as a 'i slept well.' what's happening?"

you're my pink-yellow lovely, i signed.

"hey, aws, can you paint me the way you see me someday?" geoff asked suddenly. i perked up at his request and nodded.

"lovebirds, mum said to get your asses up and come open presents." otto said from the entrance to the treehouse. geoff looked over at him.

"how long have you been there?" he asked.

"since you answered your own question by translatin' awsten's kiss." otto replied. "now come on, grace and dad are starting to get impatient."

geoff and i climbed down and followed otto inside. grace was the first one to greet us with holiday wishes. behind otto's back, she winked at me and geoff and mouthed, "get it on, boys."

i never had a real christmas since i was ten. he always just gave me ten bucks to spend on whatever i wanted to. in reality, that wasn't enough, so i've just been saving up. i didn't know what for.

otto must have seen the wonder in my eyes because he said, "merry official christmas, awsten."

merry christmas, i signed back. then, i remembered that i never ended up getting his present last night. i started tearing up and furiously rubbed my eyes.

"what's wrong, honey love?" geoff asked me. i forgot to go get otto's present, i told him. that was the whole reason why i came looking for you last night.

his face fell. "oh...aws, i really-" i kissed him quickly to cut him off. i pulled him into the living room and i sat on his lap on the couch. grace sat next to us, and otto's parents sat together on the other couch. otto was at the tree, handing out presents.

everyone mostly gave me new paint supplies, which i had no issues with. geoff gave me a colourful necklace with little feet on it. he helped me put it on as mrs. wood took pictures.

i got mr. and mrs. wood a cute little sign that i had painted myself to put up in their house that said "each family has a story to tell...welcome to ours." mrs. wood fell in love with it and insisted to hang it up right away, next to the mirror that was over the mantel piece. i had painted two of those signs for both the woods and the wigingtons. i would have to ask otto and geoff to go over to the wigingtons' later so i could give them theirs.