⚡️ 5 ⚡️

Since then, we'd gotten close and closer, which I thought wouldn't really be possible. We told each other everything. I knew many things about his family, and he knew about mine. 

Many times in our classes, I'd noticed a rivalry between him and Harry Potter which I didn't really understand. I mean, I did remember Harry saying no to being Draco's friend, but I didn't see that to be such a good reason for a rivalry. I decided to talk to Harry about it.

A few days before the winter break-which I heard that Harry would stay at Hogwarts for-I decided to go up to him. We were in potions class, and Draco wasn't feeling too well so he was in the hospital wing getting some treatment, so I sat down next to Harry and introduced myself, ignoring his two other friends since I had a goal in my head.

"Hi, I'm y/n." I said.

He looked up at his red-headed friend and shrugged, then looked back down at me. "Hey, I know who you are, I've seen you with Draco a couple times. I'm Harry.. but you might know that by now." 

I giggled and nodded. "Yeah, you're kinda popular."

He laughed and nodded.

"So, I have a question." I said.

"Shoot."

"You might not like the question, but I don't really know. So, why do you and Draco have such a rivalry?"

He thought for a few seconds and then shrugged. "I'm not really sure anymore. I do know that he can be an ass sometimes." He pointed at the wild-haired girl, "He's called Hermione a mudblood" he pointed at the red-headed boy, "he's made fun of Ron for not having much money, and then he's always just looking for any reason to make fun of me. To be honest he's just a dick."

I thought for a few moments and sighed. "I guess could talk to him about that.."

"That'd be great, but you don't really have to. He'll probably just get mad." 

"It's fine, I'll find a way." I said, very sure of myself.

Harry laughed and nodded. "You do you. If you can actually find a way to make him stop being so rude, I'll praise you."

I laughed. "Alright, then. Get your knees ready."

Then Snape started speaking and class started. 

* * *

After class was over, I said goodbye to Harry, nodded at his friends, and rushed to the hospital wing to see how Draco was doing. Once I reached him I smiled.

"How are you doing, Draco?" I asked. 

He looked at me and gave me a small smile. "I'm doing better now, Love. What homework do we have for potions?" He asked.

I nodded and gave him some notes I'd taken during class. "Just a few small assignments. They're due Friday."

He smiled at me and extended his arms for a kiss, which I gave him gladly. "Thank you, Love. How's your day been?" 

I shrugged. "Nothing special. I sat with Pansy during breakfast, but she was being a bit too rude for my liking so I just tuned her out. By the way, I was meaning to ask since he was the target of Pansy's attacks... Why do you and Harry have such a rivalry? I spoke to him for a few minutes today to see what was going on, but he doesn't really have much of an explanation."

It was as if a shadow had gone over his face. "You spoke to, to who?" 

"Harry.. I really just wanted an answer to my question. I mean, I see you two smack talking each other almost every day. I just don't really see much of a reason for it.." 

Draco sighed and dragged the palm of his hand across his face. "I'm tired right now. Could we talk later?"

I stayed silent for a few seconds but nodded slowly. "Oh. Okay. I'll come back later to bring you the rest of our assignments." 

I kissed him lightly and dashed down the stairs to my next class, transfiguration, with McGonagall.

I reached the class a few minutes before it started and chose a seat near the front of the room. The girl with curly wild brown hair sat down next to me a second before the teacher started speaking.

"I saw you go up to Harry and speak to him last class. I'm Hermione, and you are?" She stretched her arm out to me and we shook hands. 

"I'm y/n. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too. I just wanted to ask, why exactly did you go up to Harry earlier?" She asked me, one eyebrow raised. 

"Oh, I just wanted to ask about Draco's and his rivalry. It really doesn't make any sense to me.."

Hermione nodded, probably in agreement. "Honestly that guy just likes to make fun of us. I don't like him one bit."

"Have any of you tried to actually become his friend?" I asked.

"Uh.. not really. And even if we tried, he probably wouldn't let us. He doesn't like Ron because he's 'poor' and he doesn't like me because I'm muggle-born. There really isn't any way to get him to treat us well." 

"Well, I'll try to find way. Trust me." I said.

We both looked at the front of the class and payed attention to Professor McGonagall. I took notes for Draco while thinking about what had happened in the hospital wing. Why had Draco reacted so badly?