Kid x panther reader

You patrol the mountains that you claimed as your territory to make sure none of the villagers from the foot of the mountains got the dumb idea of trespassing. They didn't deserve anything from you or these mountains. A slight growl escapes your lips as you stalk around remembering how horribly they treated you when you were washed up on the shores of this island. How they found you odd at first and avoided you, then they deemed you a sign of bad luck and tormented you until you left for the mountains. Now you don't let a single man, woman, or even child live if they step foot into your territory. You clawed the trees to show where it started and you even gave them some of the bottom of the mountain forest for them to hunt and scavenge. Why should you have to show anymore mercy to fools who don't know their place.

Your ears perk up at the sound of rustling and you begin to run towards it and pounce at the unsuspecting man. He cried out in fear as you sunk your teeth into his shoulder and threw him into a nearby tree, noticing the stares from the group of men in front of you. The man that looked like the alpha male had spiked red hair held up by goggles and a towering figure that slightly intimidated you.

"So this is the so called black devil of the mountains." He chuckles as you back away slightly. "killed our guide without even trying, I can see why they fear you." You had plenty of experience with pirates that grew curious of your territory and only a handful ever had your instincts screaming for you to run like this. In fact you even had a hoard of treasures from all the valuables you've taken from the trespassers, this caused quite the rumors in the village and so when these kinds of predators came you had a plan.

You quickly jump back and tear the satchel you had around your back off and throw it to the ground in front of the men. The contents spilled out a little as you did so, revealing precious gems and gold along with other valuable items. The men stared at it and in that second you bolted. Those men sent off some serious killer vibes and you did not feel like being prey to them today.

You run over to your home, a cave in the middle of your territory, and transform into your human form. You run your fingers through your overgrown (H/C) hair and huff as you start to walk towards your pile of expendable goodies. You had a special sack you fitted to your panther form filled with your precious items and favorite jewels, everything else was just because you liked the feeling the glittering pile gave you. You grab another random satchel and shovel a few handfuls into it before throwing it towards the entrance and moving to your makeshift bed, transforming into your full panther form before laying down. You would lay low for a few days until the pirates left, you may have been able to seriously injure or maybe even kill a few but you would not survive in the end and pride means nothing if your dead.

You wake up to rustling near the entrance of your home. You jump up and carefully look out to see the pirates from before looking around.

"Kid, we've been searching all day, the sun is going to go down in a few hours, we should head back." A man with a mask said to the red head, apparently Kid. Kid snaps around and growls at him, starting to yell about how he wouldn't stop until he found you. You shuffle back into your cave and grab your special satchel and run to the back of the cave where you had an emergency exit. Like hell were you going to submit to them, you rather find a new home. Just as you were about to leave the cave you heard Kid again.

"HA! Sneaky little kitty, I found you." You feel a shiver as his words echo through the cave, freezing you to spot. You were snapped out of it by the excited voices that followed when you assume they saw your pile of expendable goodies. You grin a bit and purr slightly at the idea that you could get out of this so easily. unfortunately this echoed through the cave to and the incoming thuds of someone running had you bolting the rest of the way to your hidden exit. You were half way out of the hole before someone grabs your hind legs and yanks you back in. You growl at the unwanted touch and struggle out of the hold before falling on your back and accidentally exposing your belly to the red head in front of you. You quickly jump back up and growl at him again. He just chuckles. "It's ok kitty, I won't hurt you unless you do something you shouldn't." he crosses his arms and stands over you with his chest puffed out proudly. "It's decided. I want you, and when I want something I get it so come with me." You sweat drop at his comment and tilt your head at him. What the hell, this guy was crazy. After thinking about your options for a minute you realize he would probably hunt you down where ever you went and this island was getting really boring so why not go with him. You walk over to his side and stare up at him.