Kid x Panther Reader 3

You had never felt so weak and useless since getting your devil fruit yet this ruthless man was still so set on you. Something in you snapped and you felt your body become flooded with the overwhelming feelings. Relief, joy, comfort, love. They made your body feel warm despite the blood loss making you feel as if you were on a winter island just moments before. You were about to be set down on the sanitized sheets for the doctor when you moved your paw to Kid's shoulder.

"I guess if it's you, I can let you know." He looked at you in confusion and you chuckle. "Look for the picture in my satchel, I want you to have it. Maybe you'll stop calling me such a lame nickname like 'kitty' when you see how much I grew from before I got this power." Realization set on his face as you were placed down on the sheet covered ground. You could see the curiosity growing in his eyes but he made no motion of leaving, instead he demanded the doctor to explain everything to him.

"It's been several hours and it looks like the bleeding isn't as serious since she... is able to maintain consciousness," You noticed his not so smooth avoidance of saying that if it was worse you would've already died. "The reason it's still bleeding is because it needs stitches and since it's been exposed for so long I'm sure an infection is unavoidable. For now We have to thank our lucky stars that she is in this form otherwise a cut of this size would've easily brought and average person to their deathbed..." as the doctor goes on Kid huffs in annoyance before glaring at you.

"What kind of fucking idiot are you!? I had no idea there was a kind of idiot that doesn't go to the doctor after sustaining such an injury." He starts to grumble at you. The doctor explained that the ship didn't have the necessary amounts of anesthesia to numb or put you to sleep in this form so once the doctor finished shaving around the area and the needle passed through, you instantly knew what Kid was doing. He was trying to distract you.

You'd be lying if you said it wasn't painful, but your pain tolerance was high and the blood loss made it easier. You look up at Kid as you catch him glance towards your little nest of now drenched pillows and blankets.

"Kid," You interrupt him and he stops talking at your strained voice calling his name. "I know your curious and I'm fine now so please go look. I want you to see." He took a moment, the conflicting thoughts showing through his eyes before he ultimately decided and with a gruff hmph he walked off.

He came back after a few minutes with a small photo in his hands. The picture was taken years ago by the townsfolk to warn others to stay away from you. You hadn't even done anything yet. Your hair was a mess and unnaturally long since you had no way to groom yourself and your (E/C) eyes were dull and mirrored your hatred for the photographer. The rags you wore as clothing hung off your skinny figure, exposing your frail frame.

"Disillusioned yet? Not to late to throw me overboard. I was pathetic back then huh?" You turned away from his face that was shadowed over as he started at the photo. It was silent once more as the doctor finished his job in the uncomfortable atomsphere before bolting.

" I'm not disillusioned, I figured I'd see some scrawny ass kitten since I saw how that village was... but I do feel regret," your heart sank at his words. Did he regret bringing you? Not killing you? "I shouldn't have sparred that place. I was happy to get such a strong kitty out of the place so I left it as is... I should go back and fix this." He suddenly decided and left you to talk about changing course with Killer, leaving you in disbelief. By the time you snapped out of it he was already across the ship and you notice him tuck the photo into a inner pocket vest. The gesture sent another wave of emotions threw you before so before some of the crew members started to make there way over, concern and frustrated remarks over your health leaving there lips with matching faces.

Around dusk, Kid sent the crew that was off duty and hanging around you away. You had a new little nest of blankets and pillows around you since you were still to weak to move and no one but Kid was allowed to carry you, under Kid's order of course.